• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UFO Snobike

X
Nov 26, 2007
UFO Snowcheck

Sorry for the long wait on being able to snowcheck the UFO kit, but we finally have more information and are able to start taking orders. We are proud to offer our product through Valley Powersports in Pinehurst, ID and Motion Sports in Coeur'dAlene, ID. Mandatory $500 snowcheck deposit, dealer information below.

Also, here's an UPDATED Component list:

100% machined main components (Aircraft grade 7075 and 6061 aluminum, stainless drive and sleeve components)
Rising rate linkage suspension utilizing your stock motorcycle shock(linkage bikes only)
Raptor performance piggyback track shock(Adjustable preload, 20 clicks of compression adjustment, triple rate spring)
OEM Timbersled 120"x2.86 pitch track 2" paddle height
OEM Timbersled 10" backcountry ski W/TS dual runner carbide
Metric stainless steel fasteners
100% weld free, Slip-together construction(disassemble and assemble complete kit in under an hour if needed)
Willwood PS-1 dual piston caliper
Powdercoated aluminum tunnel

Valley Powersports
(208)-682-4404
vpowersports.com
UFO Link:
http://www.vpowersports.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=3239158

Motion Sports/RG3 NW Suspension Center
(208)-667-8515
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motion-Sports-RG3-NW-Suspension-Center/181655111861559

Last edited:
X
Nov 26, 2007
If I heard correctly at sledfest, the bike in the pictures and video had a stiffer shock spring and stiffer valving in the shock - is that correct?

Correct, we went with a stiffer spring and stiffer valving but actually changed the linkage ratio since in order to prevent valve changes unless wanted. WP Shocks will require a change to a bladder style reservoir instead of the spring loaded piston setup due to a cheap seal internally. Riders with japanese bikes should only have to change in spring rate, unless you want to fine-tune your bike to the specific style/rider weight just like you would for dirt.

X
Nov 26, 2007
MH and UFO differences

What differences does this kit have over MH?

The major difference is the way the suspension works. A timbersled MH uses a proven snowmobile style suspension which works good, but is kind of old school in my opinion. The UFO conversion uses the stock motorcycle shock and stock swingarm pivot point, and the suspension uses a rising rate linkage setup to make it feel way more like a motorcycle. It gives your suspension a plush, yet bottomless feel. Seat height is roughly 4" lower and has a ride height of a stock motorcycle, although you can adjust spring preload in order to slightly change seat height just as you would on dirt. The UFO kit has a weld-free construction and all the main components are precision machined out of top quality materials.
If you want a more maneuverable kit your able finesse more like a dirtbike, this is THE kit for you. It will settle into a steeper sidehill without washing due to the way the bike can transfer weight through its swingarm onto the track, and having that "chassis break" point your stock motorcycle has makes the kit push less when making a fast line change on a steep hill, or down a rough trail. Another advantage of having a swingarm is noticably less arm pump/fatigue; it allows the suspension to squat, allowing more weight to be transfered off the ski with some throttle, although the bike still resists wanting to wheelie unless the right terrain/body english is applied.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Husky TC449

curious what bikes will this kit work on? Will a husqvarna tc449 work with UFO kit?

We are working on a kit for the husky's linkage setup but won't have anything until next season. It will be the bike to have once we finish our swingarm based kit though. Were going for jap linkage bikes and also any bike that has a similar swingarm setup to what you would see on a japanese dirtbike.

SlingingMercury

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
We are working on a kit for the husky's linkage setup but won't have anything until next season. It will be the bike to have once we finish our swingarm based kit though. Were going for jap linkage bikes and also any bike that has a similar swingarm setup to what you would see on a japanese dirtbike.

Do you need a test bike? I will be in Spokane area in another month and am contemplating buying a 2013 TC449 to go with my 2012 TC449.

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013

The 449 will be better than the 511?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Will there be a long track version ? A way to carry fuel ?

G
Mar 6, 2013
the reason I did not want to buy a timbersled was I was afraid the competition is ramping up and timber sled may just be a middle of the pack system in the next couple years. So I agonize over it and decide to bite the bullet and sno check a timbersled last week. Then I find this !! Wow I feel dumb now. :face-icon-small-sad

SlingingMercury

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
The 449 will be better than the 511?

I am new to this but the TC449 has a few advantages and a few disadvantages.
The advantages as I understand them
1. Akrapovic Titanium pipe stock(tcx511 needs better pipe to uncork)
2. Dual map(push button, hard or soft hit)
3. Better intake but this would probably be changed on both models anyway.
4. More/equal HP potential with lower investment.
5. 5lbs less than tcx511(238 versus 242.5)
6. cheaper to buy by about $1000 usually if you shop around
511 advantages and the reason you may not consider TC449
1. 6 speed transmission(TC449 is a 5 speed)
2. More torque potential

Either way they should both be great!

Kits will work for either model as they are the same setup.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
the reason I did not want to buy a timbersled was I was afraid the competition is ramping up and timber sled may just be a middle of the pack system in the next couple years. So I agonize over it and decide to bite the bullet and sno check a timbersled last week. Then I find this !! Wow I feel dumb now. :face-icon-small-sad

Don"t worry about it. The TS will work just fine. The only way to see which is better is a side by side test.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I was worried about that to when I first saw the frozen moto! All the kits work in a certain terrain, but I love deeep snow in tight trees and I still think the TS will shine there!"I just wish TS would just make them all the SX kits with a std TS track and belt drive and I would be verry happy!probablythe 2015 kit!!

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city

I don't know if I'd spend too much time on the husky until the new 2015 husky/husaberg comes out. When I was at the Kim dealer show in Austria a couple weeks ago it didn't sound like Ktm was keeping anything from husky other than the name.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So were going to see red Bergs? or red KTM's

Don't really know what we ill see. Personally I hope the blue and yellow stays. From what I was told it wasn't really KTM that bought husky, but KTM's CEO who bought it with another investor group. Whatever the new company releases in 2015 will be quite different than the husky we have now, that's all they would tell us.

Premium Features