• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How my "wonderful" Senator responds to the Northern Rockies Eco Protection Act

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
How my "wonderful" Senator responds to the Northern Rockies Eco Protection Act

Thank you for contacting me about the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

Representative Carolyn Maloney of New York introduced the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (H.R. 980), which would designate over 24 million acres of land across five states as wilderness under the National Wilderness Protection System. In addition, H.R. 980 would designate more than 1,800 miles of rivers as a part of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.

The protection of public lands and natural resources will be one of the most important legacies we leave future generations. At the same time, I understand the concerns that have been expressed regarding recreational access to lands designated as wilderness. When making land use decisions, we must carefully consider the recreational interests of individuals as well as environmental concerns.

This measure has been referred to the House Natural Resources Committee. Although there is no companion measure in the Senate, I will keep your views in mind in case the Senate considers H.R. 980 or related legislation.

Again, thank you for your message. Please feel free to stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Durbin

United States Senator

:rolleyes:

Note: I actually paid the money to have a letter mailed instead of just the internet thing. I did not realize Illinois was filled with so many greenies.....well I guess we have a predominant Democrat population who just votes Green Green Green no matter what the issue or who it affects.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
looks like something very similiar to what I got also. What do these pricks do sit in a room and laugh about the response letters that they write.

Need to clean house out there as far as I am concerned

Premium Features