• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Yeti SnowMX buyout....

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Sounds like we made the right choice going with Camso...Yeti was our other option...was almost the same price for last year's discounted, gently used Yeti, but in the end Camso's single guide rail sold me.

We have a camso kit in our group and get to compare side by side. It is fantastic!!! For aggressive banging and crashing through the trees and being extremely active the Yeti has the upper hand slightly but as far as climbing and the average joe riding a guy does the Camso is right there with it. Definitely a close second choice behind Yeti for me.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Camso dropped the ball on getting me a replacement shock shaft. They told the dealer they sent it. It didn't show up so they told the dealer that they would overnight it. Again no delivery. On the third call, they told the dealer that they didn't have the part and it would be 3 weeks until they do. At that point my dealer's mechanic made a replacement shaft and installed it. It worked great. I had them replace the titanium bolts that hold the shafts in place with steel bolts. The titanium bolts sheared off which caused the front shock shaft to break. In turn, that caused the rear shock shaft bolts to shear. Bad choice of material for that application. Saves a few grams but not worth it. Also, the 16.5 kit uses tapered shafts which are a little weak. Again, I presume this was a weight saving measure. The 17s and 18s have thicker nontapered shafts. I am very disappointed in Camso and the acquisition so far. My dealer is none too happy either. Camso better get their Yeti act together soon or they will lose sales and dealers. I am thinking about trying CMX at this point. I would also consider Timbersled if they had a 129.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Camso dropped the ball on getting me a replacement shock shaft. They told the dealer they sent it. It didn't show up so they told the dealer that they would overnight it. Again no delivery. On the third call, they told the dealer that they didn't have the part and it would be 3 weeks until they do. At that point my dealer's mechanic made a replacement shaft and installed it. It worked great. I had them replace the titanium bolts that hold the shafts in place with steel bolts. The titanium bolts sheared off which caused the front shock shaft to break. In turn, that caused the rear shock shaft bolts to shear. Bad choice of material for that application. Saves a few grams but not worth it. Also, the 16.5 kit uses tapered shafts which are a little weak. Again, I presume this was a weight saving measure. The 17s and 18s have thicker nontapered shafts. I am very disappointed in Camso and the acquisition so far. My dealer is none too happy either. Camso better get their Yeti act together soon or they will lose sales and dealers. I am thinking about trying CMX at this point. I would also consider Timbersled if they had a 129.
I'm assuming ewe didn't install the up grade kit which has beefier shafts and larger shaft bolts,this has been available and we installed on Yetis last year? The older shaft and bolts were small.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I didn't know about it. Had I known about it, I would have done it.

N
Dec 18, 2015
Michelin buys CAMSO it begins again!

Yeti --> Camso --> Michelin

Will be interesting to see if Michelin notices they own yeti! and what they think of it relative to their core business!.. tyres!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeti --> Camso --> Michelin

Will be interesting to see if Michelin notices they own yeti! and what they think of it relative to their core business!.. tyres!

So far it’s not promising.

Local dealer tried to order parts and was told “you aren’t a dealer anymore “

Like WTF??

“You didn’t order any track kits during the snowcheck period “
“Now it’s too late and you can’t order any”

Sounds like a disaster.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Mmmm our dealer did not have an issue... They got the kits, gas cans, storage, belts and warranty items ect..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

N
Dec 18, 2015
Update on Camso Transition

The expected 2018 issues from moving production happened.. as expected.
It was much as what happened when Timbersled went over to Polaris... it was painful!, VERY painful on both occasions.

Sooo onto 2019

In our case CAMSO addressed every 2018 issue we had with great warranty support and upgraded parts. And unlike some other manufactures they didn't make us buy upgraded parts to fix design / manufacturing issues.

2019 Kits have all arrived but some 2019 bike adapter kits are still being validated. All the heavy lifting to get YetiMX into showrooms and to customers is mostly done. Expecting last Adapter kits to arrive soon.

In contrast to last years chaos there is definitely a huge improvement behind ordering and shipping logistics with a greatly improved communication all round.

There are also not so visible changes in the 2019 Parts BOM with modified specs on bolt sizing and torque showing that engineers are hard at work behind the scenes quietly refining the product.

Looking forward to a great 2019.

Premium Features