• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I don't know why everyone is so disappointed... It's not common for a manufacturer to come out with anything significant the year after a fairly big release. What I'm not seeing though, is did they get rid of the 2.5" track completely? (Besides the Burton edition) I think 3" track is great and all, but it's a bit overkill for most people, and in most snow conditions the 2.5 does just fine. I do understand putting the ras-2 front end on all of them

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
while building the sled on doos website, the summit SP T3 does not have an option for a 3'' track (but it does offer a 174x2.5). not sure if they dont have the bugs worked out yet or if it is indeed a 2.5 track with the other T3 options

prices are all MSRP of 163'' 800cc sleds

summit SP - $12549

summit SP T3 - $13149 (13649 for 174)

summit x T3 - $13599 (14099 for 174)

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
LOL! Nice dig, Ski Doo!!! (in regards to the commercial posted above)

Doo sure picks some ugly colors. I think the Burton edition is cool though. The more we can do to draw in non-traditional snowmobilers the better off our sport will be. We need all the champions we can get to keep riding areas open.

G

gorilla

Feb 9, 2012
middle of no where
Have you rode the T3? The 14 feels like a boat anchor compared to it. It is a huge difference.

I have and don't consider it a "huge" difference. Is it better, yup, but not enough for me to "have to have it". I've got the 3" T3 track on my 14 along with Toms suspension, so I wasn't comparing a stock 14 to a stock T3.

Oops, probably should have worded it differently. :face-icon-small-hap

Don't get me wrong, love my 2 Doo's, but not getting a new one just for BNG's......

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I think this is pretty much what we expected for the year. Lots of new short track models and spread the T3 through the summits. I like the new summit colors but that Freeride?!?! Why don't they just offer a stealth back one with ghost graphics (Like the Renegade Backcounty X)........Hell like others have said, if that red was black it would look pretty sharp IMO.

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
I think this is pretty much what we expected for the year. Lots of new short track models and spread the T3 through the summits. I like the new summit colors but that Freeride?!?! Why don't they just offer a stealth back one with ghost graphics (Like the Renegade Backcounty X)........Hell like others have said, if that red was black it would look pretty sharp IMO.

I don't get it either, Are they already at their production limit? Wouldn't doo want to sell more of their high end machines(and most likely highest margin)? I pretty sure doo would sell way more snow check's if it didn't look it belonged in Eltons John's driveway circa 1970!

At least they are consistent, Freerides have always been ugly. (except 2012)

Premium Features