• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new poo

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Reading a doo forum thread about chassis design is like reading a poo forum thread about motors. "well, uh, ours is awesome, nothing could be better"

The front end of the doo is as laughable as the pro motor... don't get too excited about how "superior" our sleds are ;)

I agree, that's why I went with a turbo for my Pro. The eTec is a great motor. I just didn't like the balance of an XM or I likely would have gone with the heavier of the two sleds.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
They all are so similar that is bound to happen really. Look at the auto world...direct injection engines, HID headlights, stability control systems, dual clutch transmissions, etc. Good stuff gets adopted, and bad stuff goes by the way side. Everyone has a thing or 2 that they do first/unique, and all the other stuff is basically the same between all brands. If doo comes out with a belt drive, or better running boards, its not "copying" imo....just progression in general.

When the pro came out, it completely changed the riding style for many people. the other 2 spent the next few years making something that handles similar terrain with similar confidence. That's not "copying"....just changing with the times.

Lol, I agree, I was just poking at Loudhandle's post. It is FUNNY how many people in this thread are getting anally antagonized over this. (And not realizing that others are just poking fun, to get a rise.) My bud and I have been emailing and texting for a couple days about the AXYS, he takes his brand loyalty a bit too seriously, our emails yesterday ended when I poked fun to get a rise out of him, texts today ended when I did it again.
It's all good, competition raises the bar, Doos are fat pigs that run forever, Poos are fragile high performance machines, whatever. All I know is that I put 300 miles on my Doos in the last week, 75% of the miles by myself, and I had a sheet eating grin on my face the whole time.
It is snowing. My ride today ended because I couldn't see a thing, and my phone battery died so I couldn't keep sitting under a tree texting, had to come home. :)

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I was in the morning group. Everyone looks the same in their Klim gear, and everyone on identical sleds I had no clue who anyone was except for 2 I had met before.

There was some decent snow on some north facing slopes in the trees, but I agree it wasn't the greatest conditions. It was fairly typical of what I ride most of the time in Wa., we don't often get nice, dry powder so I was at home in those conditions.

It definately took more effort to initiate pull up, but for me being used to riding a XM, the old Pro also seemed to take a lot of effort. Probably more riding style and figuring out what he chassis needs for throttle input, rider position etc... By the end of the ride I was feeling more confident and could see myself at home on this chassis with more time to adapt. I never felt that was about the old Pro.

What's your opinion on the track and engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The track I like. I liked the previous 2.4" and this track is even lighter with soft lugs. Should work great in the deep.
Engine was snappier, clutching was consistent. On short pulls in about 1 ft I only saw 36-38 on the speedo. I would think they are still finalizing clutching and the engines might have still been in break in period ??

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Lol, I agree, I was just poking at Loudhandle's post. It is FUNNY how many people in this thread are getting anally antagonized over this. (And not realizing that others are just poking fun, to get a rise.) My bud and I have been emailing and texting for a couple days about the AXYS, he takes his brand loyalty a bit too seriously, our emails yesterday ended when I poked fun to get a rise out of him, texts today ended when I did it again.
It's all good, competition raises the bar, Doos are fat pigs that run forever, Poos are fragile high performance machines, whatever. All I know is that I put 300 miles on my Doos in the last week, 75% of the miles by myself, and I had a sheet eating grin on my face the whole time.
It is snowing. My ride today ended because I couldn't see a thing, and my phone battery died so I couldn't keep sitting under a tree texting, had to come home. :)

MO is this winter has left many in a foul mood. New sleds and unable to use it's potential.

Me I like to read between the lines. Poo has never had a "fragile" chassis. Doo's 800 was never considered "durable" until they controlled the exh valves and oil pump with the 'putor. If a "Poo hater" like Brew lol, said there is a possibility with this package that is a good sign.

And for everyone,,, the bare 155 is 408 lbs. Sub 400 with a can. New dream is now 375.
Keep pushin' them.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
MO is this winter has left many in a foul mood. New sleds and unable to use it's potential.

Me I like to read between the lines. Poo has never had a "fragile" chassis. Doo's 800 was never considered "durable" until they controlled the exh valves and oil pump with the 'putor. If a "Poo hater" like Brew lol, said there is a possibility with this package that is a good sign.

And for everyone,,, the bare 155 is 408 lbs. Sub 400 with a can. New dream is now 375.
Keep pushin' them.

But... why aren't cat & doo responding to the push? I don't get it. Losing weight isn't THAT tough.

Right now it costs around 3000 to make the doo the weight of the poo, and that's being pretty careful about your $$. If poo finally has a motor (imo not a foregone conclusion) then they will have eliminated the whole excuse to not buying one for me. I want a light sled, imo it's a HUGE thing that makes the difference between being a good rider at 10 am... and being a good rider at 4:15 in the afternoon ;)

WEIGHT MATTERS, a lot. I was planning on going back to cat to get some power again next year, but I'm way tempted to buy a sled with a motor I don't at all trust, don't do anything but put a can & A arms on it, and pound on the thing for a year or two!

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Its too bad Polaris cant be a little more creative with their website.

They only compare to SD. What about the others? Why try to bash the competition rather than promoting everything new.

I have been interested in them for years, but all I have seen is reliability problems. The few I have ridden have been terrible suspension and clutch wise. Don't see what all the hype is about.

Riding a variety of terrain and being close to 300lbs fully dressed with backpack makes it difficult to buy a lighter machine that cant climb as high and is underpowered. JMO

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
It only makes sense that they single out their biggest competition in sales. Ski Doo is killing it right now with the T3 Summits and Polaris wants a piece of that mountain segment pie back. I think they are responding in good fashion. 408 pounds is light. Power to weight ratio is important, that is why Ski Doo used it to promote it's products fairly recently. Polaris engine reliability is called into question and yet I know guys that ride hard and have over 3600 miles on their original enginned 2013 Pros. I like the competition and am waiting to see what everyone else is bringing for 2016. I will choose once all the sleds are out, I have tie dyed underwear in multiple colors...........

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The new Pro is still harder to initiate that tip up than the T3, probably moreso for a lighter rider. It is similar or slightly easier than the "old" Pro in that aspect as the Axys chassis is about 1.5" higher than the Pro. I would compare the difference to that between the standard XM and the T3 as the changes made by Doo and Poo are simlar with respect to dropping the skid about 1.5", 7T drivers etc....making the chassis more agile. If that makes sense..??
I should add....I have no idea how the suspensions were setup on the prototypes we rode. Im sure they can be adjusted to better suit different rider weights and personal preference, but overall an easier sled to adapt to and better bump ride than the old Pro.
I finally got to swap between my wife's T3 174 and a buddies 14 163 xm. There is a huge difference. My buddies sled feels like a boat anchor compared to the T3. You also don't get thrown around in the ruts as much. If doo just changes everything over to the T3 everyone should be happy. If that is the difference between the pro and the axys that is a huge difference.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Looks like prolaris has once again refined old-school doo accomplishment. Still behind the curve.. next......oh right. I'm already riding it.

what do you think Polaris is taking from skidoo and what idea's are robbing from skidoo. and what is the next thing you are referring to. I don't want to argue just have a discussion as to what your thoughts are.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Poo isn't taking anything from doo and it's obvious that doo isn't taking anything from poo. The main difference between the two is the doo is way heavier but rides way lighter. With it riding lighter it is easier to get thrown out of kelter. The Pro flat out holds it's line easier. The T3 is way better but still doesn't hold a line, in rough and gnarly stuff, like the pro does. If poo finally has a motor they are going to kill it. If doo does nothing else but give the 146 and 154 guys some sort of T3 package, whether it be with a shorter track height , they are going to be a hit. If poo comes with a motor and fit and finish of the doo everyone is going to be fighting for second place. For those that don't think weight matters go buy a yamaha and I will talk to you in a year. I could ride either a T3 or an axys pro and be happy but it is really hard to argue with 408 and 395 with a can. Either way I don't think a person can lose.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
what do you think Polaris is taking from skidoo and what idea's are robbing from skidoo. and what is the next thing you are referring to. I don't want to argue just have a discussion as to what your thoughts are.

The axys chassis to me seems to be there version of an xm and or xm t3. You don't see the similarities?
You'd have to be blind to my. Imo.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Wait so your saying they copied doo because they came out with a new chassis? ... There are litterally like zero similarities, ZERO. ZEEEEEEEERO.

Zero.

Premium Features