• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR880 Challenge - bring it.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
The time has come to put an end to the bull$it of those who have criticized, pestered, demeaned, or tried to discredit Big John and his Sled Head Racing 880 etec. Pre-season and continuing clusterfawk threads are an insult to this man and his business and exceptional product. You have run your mouths long enough!

Now I am calling you out, Put up or SHUTUP.

I am willing to meet any and all SkiDoo big bore makers to doo side by side comparisons. I live in S. E. Idaho and would be willing travel up to 3-4 hrs distance to meet. I would suggest the Smiths Fork area out of Afton Wyo for this shootout, but would be open to other locations if within reasonable drive.
Bottom line is ............
Can you on your Doo 872 BB, beat me on my SHR880 etec ??

BRING IT !

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Slims sled...

2013 XM

163 track...stock
chassis...stock (bent tunnel but not for speed...lol)
y pipe...stock
pipe...stock
can...HPS
reeds...stock
air box...stock
ECM...stock
head...stock (SHR pump gas cut)
cylinder...stock (SHR bored/ported)
pistons...Wossner forged
crank...stock (SHR trued/greased)
primary...stock (SHR spring/full pin/balanced)
secondary...stock (SHR spring/SW adj. helix)
chain case...stock (SHR gearing)
E start (old man)

I haven't even rode this sled...customer build (some "hack" "parts changer" built the motor) the rest is ALL Slim...

SOOOO

Since there is 1 meeelion 872s out there...It should be easy to get a few challengers...GOD knows back in October/November there was plenty making claims....well gentleman, its time.

Consider yourselves officially "called out"...the races/high marks will be on video and the results (no matter what) will be posted...NO whining or excuses.

Stop talking, touch base with Slim, put your helmet on and point your sled up a hill and prove yours is better??

BJ

BTW- there could be a carb version there too just to compare an old build vs some new iron...

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
If your trying to prove a point by Calling People Out I suggest showing up to Thayne Wyo. ( 2 hrs from eastern Id. ) for Snow Days Jan. 31st to Feb. 1st. Lots of Big Bores from Wyoming, Utah & Idaho will be there drag racing.

DPG

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
If your trying to prove a point by Calling People Out I suggest showing up to Thayne Wyo. ( 2 hrs from eastern Id. ) for Snow Days Jan. 31st to Feb. 1st. Lots of Big Bores from Wyoming, Utah & Idaho will be there drag racing.

DPG

We are refering to "on the mountain" performance... Not 500' drags...not that drag racing isn't fun but NOT the point of this challenge....BJ

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
eraseby9.jpg

Last edited:

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Although I haven't been talking any ish about any BB builder, I do own a Trygstad. And I would love to run against you SHR guys for comparison sake. It's a carbed version. Brand new. Still being broken in.

Slim, You and I (and Scratley) have talked about meeting up in West Yellowstone sometime during my trip up there in late February. While I am all for videoing and posting up results here, I hope this won't be some hostile situation. I am sure that this will be a good time, with plenty of friendly razzing, but let's keep things civil.

Now is the time to step up to the plate and show what your sled's made of. It's easy for everyone to be an internet tough guy...

May the best BB win....

Oh, and I will gladly provide all information on my setup here in this thread prior to the meet up if anyone would like that information.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
No no no, not hostile at all !

If you have been around this 4m since its inception (I have) then U wud know that this very type of thing led to the many "meet ups" & "shootout" & "events" that have made many LIFELONG friendships. In fact I can count an easy 25+ that are considered best friends with a handful that I am privledged to call "Blood Brother".

And while this is serious stuff for the builders, (hence my opening remarks), I am simply a pawn Who will not stand by and see Good Peoples names besmirched by "bull$hit". ?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I am all for that. As I stated, I don't believe all the mud slinging was necessary, but since it has happened, let's put this thing to rest. Like I said in the other thread, there will be at least 2 872's, and most likely 4, in my group. Even if no one else wants to show up (and you guys who come on here and talk a big game better be there, or somewhere) we will have a good time and see who is king of the BB's. I can't wait!!!

Oh, and I was being some what of a smart a$$ about the whole hostile thing haha

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Slims sled...

2013 XM

163 track...stock
chassis...stock (bent tunnel but not for speed...lol)
y pipe...stock
pipe...stock
can...HPS
reeds...stock
air box...stock
ECM...stock
head...stock (SHR pump gas cut)
cylinder...stock (SHR bored/ported)
pistons...Wossner forged
crank...stock (SHR trued/greased)
primary...stock (SHR spring/full pin/balanced)
secondary...stock (SHR spring/SW adj. helix)
chain case...stock (SHR gearing)

I haven't even rode this sled...customer build (some "hack" "parts changer" built the motor) the rest is ALL Slim...

SOOOO

Since there is 1 meeelion 872s out there...It should be easy to get a few challengers...GOD knows back in October/November there was plenty making claims....well gentleman, its time.

Consider yourselves officially "called out"...the races/high marks will be on video and the results (no matter what) will be posted...NO whining or excuses.

Stop talking, touch base with Slim, put your helmet on and point your sled up a hill and prove yours is better??

BJ

BTW- there could be a carb version there too just to compare an old build vs some new iron...

Your own words " the races/high marks will be on video and the results ( no matter what ) will be posted. NO whining or excuse.

FYI, Thayne Snow Days is in the mountains roughly 6500 feet in elevation ( 25 minutes away from Smith Fork ) there will be many BB mountain sleds racing in the open class there for fun and bragging rights. This is the perfect setting for guys who "Call People Out" to show up and demonstrate there worth and how much track speed there motors produce.

DPG

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Your own words " the races/high marks will be on video and the results ( no matter what ) will be posted. NO whining or excuse.

FYI, Thayne Snow Days is in the mountains roughly 6500 feet in elevation ( 25 minutes away from Smith Fork ) there will be many BB mountain sleds racing in the open class there for fun and bragging rights. This is the perfect setting for guys who "Call People Out" to show up and demonstrate there worth and how much track speed there motors produce.

DPG

So are these straight up hill climbs or flat races like in Mn?

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Thayne Snow Days is a drag race on the flats.... If your motor is going to produce substantially better track speed it will prove itself on the hill and on the flats.

DPG

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Thayne Snow Days is a drag race on the flats.... If your motor is going to produce substantially better track speed it will prove itself on the hill and on the flats.

DPG

It will but sure takes the fun out of it.... Back in the day when I lived in Mn, did my fair share of 500 ft drag races... And it's all about hookup... At least on the mountain you can move when it gets down to the ice, haha looking for similar setups as well 154s 163s. A stock 121 with studs on ice will put the hurt on a boosted sled in 500 ft... Now grass drags that evens it out

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY

DPG

I disagree. Drag racing requires a MUCH different set up than what works on the mountain. I could care less how fast my sled goes in a 500 foot straight, I want to know if I can carry track speed in 3 foot of powder up a chute.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I disagree. Drag racing requires a MUCH different set up than what works on the mountain. I could care less how fast my sled goes in a 500 foot straight, I want to know if I can carry track speed in 3 foot of powder up a chute.

I agree my trygstad sled will stay with my 880 on trail, we'll close anyway.. But put it on the hill at 9k and it's a different story

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
BTW, I'd love to come watch and provide another video angle. I just moved to the SW corner of WYO and have no one to ride with. I'm hoping by next winter to turn my 800R into an SHR880.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
BTW, I'd love to come watch and provide another video angle. I just moved to the SW corner of WYO and have no one to ride with. I'm hoping by next winter to turn my 800R into an SHR880.

You wanna meet in Salt lake or up that way, your more than welcome to throw your sled in the trailer

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
You wanna meet in Salt lake or up that way, your more than welcome to throw your sled in the trailer

Currently waiting on pistons, but by the end of next week I should be able to take you up on that offer. We'll be in touch lol.

Premium Features