• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Those responses sound like those of the people who bought maverick track a few years back.

Yes and no.

The maverick was a pig of a track and was junk unless you were on cement and would trench no matter what you did with the throttle in powder.

The Conquerer does trench when hard on the throttle, though not as bad as the maverick, and backing off a little will pop you back on the snow. The paddles need to take a set to work in the softer snow IMO. They are softer than the Maverick ever was or could be.

SHR has a 156 on a '14 and a 163 on a '15. They both have around 100 miles on them. Both are going out this week for 4 days in I.P. so we will see how they work by Sunday with a couple hundred miles on them.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
I received my new conquer 280 today. I immediately pulled out the bathroom scales to see weight difference. My stock 163" (162) 3" track from the T3 weighed 59.4 lbs. The conquer 280 162" track weighed 44.4 lbs. for a 15lbs weight difference! The conquer is 1" narrower but I'm still surprised by the weight difference. Time will tell if I made the right choice with the conquer when I head to Alpine in Feb. I should get a couple hundred miles on in MI first before I head out so it should be worn in before Alpine.

K
Nov 28, 2016
conquer 280

want to go to the 280 on my axys 3" silber turbo. what are the advantages to the conquer other than just the weight? what snow is it best in or all snow? also anyone changed gearing because of less rotating mass?

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
What is needed to install this on a T3 163?

What do you need to do to put a the camso track on a 163 T3. Are there other parts needed to make this work. Does it matter that they don't come in a 163 track? How do you adjust to make it work to the 162 or 165. What does pitch mean in a track? What is a driver? Yes, I'm a newb to skid and track mods.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
What do you need to do to put a the camso track on a 163 T3. Are there other parts needed to make this work. Does it matter that they don't come in a 163 track? How do you adjust to make it work to the 162 or 165. What does pitch mean in a track? What is a driver? Yes, I'm a newb to skid and track mods.

The stock Doo "163" track on the T3's is actually a 162 due to the 3.0" pitch. I'm guessing it was some type of marketing ploy on Ski-Doo's part. The 162" Camso Conquer 280 is a direct replacement with no additional parts required. I just put one on mine. Camso part number is 9335M.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I put a 280 on my buddies proclimb this year and compared to the 2.25 powerclaw it's night and day. The track hooks really hard on packed and heavy snow and you can tell it builds track speed fairly quickly. In deep snow it did seem to trench more than the powdermax 3". I wouldn't personally run out to put one on my t3 but for anyone with a 2.5" and smaller track it is a solid upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I'd like to see how it compares to a 3" powerclaw in deep, light snow. This track really sounds like it was over hyped (this fall anyway), and is not necessarily bad, but nothing to write home about either.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Spent 4 days in IP/SE Idaho. We did not have the 163 but did have the 156 out.

it is getting better! We have about 300 miles on the 156 now.

We have a couple other customers with 5 and 600 miles on their conquerers and they say it is working as advertised.

T
Aug 8, 2011
I will say it seems to work better with miles...track softens up and starts working real well. Seems to hold its shape but is soft. Hooks hard on firm or setup snow still. It zips real well, track accelerates quickly due to lightweight. I have not noticed a real difference in track speed. But now that it has softened up I also don't notice any downside vs stock 3 inch in the blower powder.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
What's everyone's opinion of this track after having a season on it? Thinking about getting one for my wife's XM but I have read several not so good reviews so was just wanting to get some opinions now that there should be some time on these.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

T

TheRedrooster

Nov 5, 2012
What's everyone's opinion of this track after having a season on it? Thinking about getting one for my wife's XM but I have read several not so good reviews so was just wanting to get some opinions now that there should be some time on these.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree. There are a lot of negative reviews on this track stating that it trenches like crazy in soft snow and will only work in snow that is set up.

I was ready to buy a 280 until I read the other reviews.

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I have a 174 on my turbo T3 and definitely was not impressed in light fluffy powder. Im going to flip my backwards and try it out as I heard it works 100 times better.

Premium Features