• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Western Guide to Snowmobiling Survey 2010.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
I am definitely not a local when it comes to sledding anywhere in the U.S. It really was one of my plans to do a winter vacation in the Yellowstone area. Sounds like we Canadians are not welcome. Will definitely by have to rethink my "buy North American" products in the future.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wow, I think this is the first time I can say that tudizzle and BCIL are being very ignorant. By definition you are an "out of towner" if you do any traveling at all to ride(and I know you don't ride in only one mountain range dizzle). And really? you are going to say that every person from outta town is an a$hat? Well if thats the case I don't know why I bother picking up my trash and following the rules of the road.

OH and I suppose I better apologize in advance for tracking up any of YOUR precious snow, Now I know that anything that is fresh is reserved strictly for the folks who live nearer the mountains than I.

Look back at my post, I'm not condemning "out of town"ers (ok, maybe the ones from any city over 100,000...:D) I'm condemning IGNORANT people. If you were to ask people in the CO forum how many of them I have gone out of my way to show my local area to, you'd see I'm not trying to keep people away, I'm just trying to keep people educated about where we ride & help them respect it.

If you come to my local area, you'll end up in wilderness in about 3 miles unless someone tells you not to. Do you think most of those out of town folks are going to study the wilderness boundaries? HE!! NO.

I'm all for showing folks stuff, but I'm not about to just put it on some stinking list online for tom dick & douchebag to read.

Wanna know some cool places to ride where there aren't tons of people? Shoot me a pm!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am definitely not a local when it comes to sledding anywhere in the U.S. It really was one of my plans to do a winter vacation in the Yellowstone area. Sounds like we Canadians are not welcome. Will definitely by have to rethink my "buy North American" products in the future.

Speaking on behalf of those from West Yellowstone and Island Park, you will find that you are VERY WELCOME there.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
We drive a long way to ride out west, whether we come to Wyoming,Colorado,Montana,or Utah we are very considerate of the areas we ride.Not leaving any garbage around after we eat our lunch on the mountain.Spend our dinner money at a locals place not a chain restaraunt. We usually pay a guide for the few days of riding just cause they know the GOOD places to play,but we pay for that fun to a local guide.I would have to believe that most out of town riders are like us and take care of the area that they love to come back and ride in year after year. I do believe that the folks that take it for grandit would typically be the locals cause they just had to walk out their back door to ride there,not travel 17-18 hours to get there. jmtc

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
This whole situation is kinda funny to me. Never was it said stay away...your not welcome. Just that some do not see the need to promote/advertise which riding areas is the best?

Somehow that came across as your not welcome here...that was not the intent.

For my involvment in that misconception I apologize

:beer;

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
i have and will always ride different states locals are usually great for snow reports not there fav spots, by the way there are no secret spots just favorite ones or even little honey holes that do not get much use,i have even shown OUT OF STATERS my honey hole they were pissed when when they finally got out :face-icon-small-hap
typically they spend lots of needed money to the lodges that carry the fuel i need ;gas food beer warm fire

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
We drive a long way to ride out west, whether we come to Wyoming,Colorado,Montana,or Utah we are very considerate of the areas we ride.Not leaving any garbage around after we eat our lunch on the mountain.Spend our dinner money at a locals place not a chain restaurant. We usually pay a guide for the few days of riding just cause they know the GOOD places to play,but we pay for that fun to a local guide.I would have to believe that most out of town riders are like us and take care of the area that they love to come back and ride in year after year. I do believe that the folks that take it for granted would typically be the locals cause they just had to walk out their back door to ride there,not travel 17-18 hours to get there. jmtc

Well, I've seen people who live here leave crap all over (one of my NEIGHBORS leaves beer cans EVERY time!!), I've seen people from Iowa or NE do the same, I've also cleaned up the lot where the skiers park as well, no user group or area is completely without morons. I've shown people from IA, NE, IL, WI...... and on & on... my local area, I hope they will always treat these areas the way that you talk about!!! Some people are good guests, some people are clueless, plain & simple. Putting info out there for everyone invites the morons as well as the good guests.

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
wow that was fun? need people to visit and dont like people to visit, but we have so manny places to ride I dont think they could find my fav places.Now if they hire a guide he might know,hope not.lol
But come on over I think.

Premium Features