• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin Carb Swap 440ss yamaha

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
I First made my own intake mans. out of exhaust pipe and mounted twin 36 mm miks. round slides. Then a worker from a Yamaha dealer found some Aluminum cast ones that were narrower. (mine made the float bowl rub the jackshaft) you need a boost bottle off a phazer. Biggest improvement other than the snojet suspension. I will find out more info. on the manufacture if any body wants to know. I would have pictures but I am not smart enough to figure that out. I can e-mail them to.

I First made my own intake mans. out of exhaust pipe and mounted twin 36 mm miks. round slides. Then a worker from a Yamaha dealer found some Aluminum cast ones that were narrower. (mine made the float bowl rub the jackshaft) you need a boost bottle off a phazer. Biggest improvement other than the snojet suspension. I will find out more info. on the manufacture if any body wants to know. I would have pictures but I am not smart enough to figure that out. I can e-mail them to.

I would like to see the pictures. Send them to Inverted99@aol.com and I will post them for you. Take care...Jeff

Looks pretty good, ingenious, thanks for sharing. I love seeing things done like that. Here are the pictures.

164187300210_0_BG.jpg

333483400210_0_BG.jpg

361803400210_0_BG.jpg

561803400210_0_BG.jpg

669818200210_0_BG.jpg

764187300210_0_BG.jpg

161803400210_0_BG.jpg

M
Wow you guys are Awesome

Thanx a lot for the replies. I guess since i just got int o sledding most folks would just laugh at someone who has a couple of old sleds. Anyhow i am going to optimize them for what theyre worth,. Then later on perhaps a Apex or similiar machine. Thanx everyone I truly appreciate the replies. Mike aka madman

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
Not hill climbing just deep snow riding I will keep up with most sleds. And when they get stuck look out I will knock a dent out of my sled. I got alot of them to fix.

S
Jul 3, 2008
the one pictured are not the smae as the the ones mounted on sled...the ones on the sled are like RPC intakes with a boost bottle I have had 2 sets of them just 1 now going on my srv with a set of twin pipes for the srv/ss made by AAEN.

srvintake1pz9.jpg

srvintake2tz3.jpg

the one pictured are not the smae as the the ones mounted on sled...the ones on the sled are like RPC intakes with a boost bottle I have had 2 sets of them just 1 now going on my srv with a set of twin pipes for the srv/ss made by AAEN.

srvintake1pz9.jpg

srvintake2tz3.jpg

how much did you pay for those? my friend has an ss440 that has a txl340 rear suspension and a challenger 136 and the carb is messed up. we went all the way uup to a 300 main and it was stull running wierd

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
If it dont what the hell, the difference won't matter. Send it and I will get them to you. Glad that they will live again. Just remember you need to post a picture and paint them fire engine red. Ha Ha Ha.

Premium Features