• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best (safest) way to load a timbersled in a pickup?

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
What are you guys using for ramps to load a Timbersled into a pickup? I need something that I can use to load and unload by myself.

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I load at home with my bike lift table and just idle it on, unloading I is best done but just rolling it out of the truck, I use use my tydowns to hold the bars straight by going from the bars to the footpegs.

For loading up on the mountains I use a aluminum tie fold ramp with glides and walk it up.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
My alternative

This is how I have done it. Real cheap and works great.

I have drilled thru the 2"x4" and use Bolts to secure each "loading ramp" on different distance in between them.
Then I can load a third Snowbike reversed on the ramp and just slide the whole ramp in between the other two bikes.
So a total of 3 bikes can be loades with this setup. Very easy and if you look at the ramp I have used the chainsaw to make
traction grooves for the track. We ride our bikes up easy if we want and if it is slippery one can walk beside the bike up.

IMG_1617.jpg IMG_1622.jpg

Last edited:

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
I have tri fold ramp from cabelas. Put wheel dolly under ski and ride up the ramp. Easy. Keep wheels under ski and strap down. Once at parking lot you move your straps to your foot pegs so the bars can't turn. Then just grab the bumper and pull out and let the front drop out. If you wanted to be safer you could use the ramp again.

powderzone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2013
Calgary
Tie the bars to the pegs. Lift front ski onto bumper. Lift rear of skid and slid into truck bed.

Yup, tried this a couple of times last year.....and tomorrow I'm going in for hernia surgery. No joke. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
even harder when the truck has 6" lift and 35" tires!
I use a tri fold 7' ramp which I've seperated the pieces. Put ski guides with traction knobs on one, and left the other side stock. Leave the centerpiece at home. Walk the bike up on the carbide or with dollies under the ski. Swap the ramps around for loading the other side of truck.

Premium Features