• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutler stage 1 vs stage 2 fuel controller

D
Nov 6, 2012
Wondering if anyone can verify if the m series stage 1 cutler turbo fuel controller is the same/different then the stage 2? The stage 2 comes with a bigger fuel pump to run 10lbs. No extra injectors so just trying to figure out if my stage 1 control will work for the added boost if I put the high flow pump? TIA.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Osmosis, magic, or because I lernt it. Take your pick.

Btw, the 10 lb figure, as I'm sure you've heard many times by now, is far from reality... everyone I know has been capable of running 13+ on the stage II. I ran 14 daily & I skipped the cold air intake system that he had simply because of durability & weight. (I also ran a BR tech thrasher hood)

Do a little looking into the controllers or call Dale. Unless for some reason your controller doesn't have the boost tube on the front of it, it's the same thing.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The stage one control only has a harness for 2 injectors the stage two control has a harness for 4 injectors so there is a difference. I know because I have both kits

I think you might be talking about a different kit...

Just from other posts, I know duraslut is talking about an M series kit, not proclimb.

The M series kit was a 2 injector kit for stage 1 & 2, both using boost reference, and primary differences being the cold air intake & increased fuel pressure setup to flow more from the 2 injector setup. They called my setups a "1.5" as I never used their CAI's...

On the proclimb, the stage 2 is a 4 injector kit, so yeah... totally different setup.

Not being specified by DS in this particular thread, totally understandable that you might think he's talking about the proclimb.

D
Nov 6, 2012
Not being specified by DS in this particular thread, totally understandable that you might think he's talking about the proclimb.[/QUOTE]

I specified it in the original post that it was a m series. But anywho. So by what ur saying with the high flow pump, dc voltage reg installed on my stage 1 m8 series I can run 10lbs no problem. I've emailed dale back and forth and he's pretty clustered on what Info I'm looking for.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Not being specified by DS in this particular thread, totally understandable that you might think he's talking about the proclimb.

I specified it in the original post that it was a m series. But anywho. So by what ur saying with the high flow pump, dc voltage reg installed on my stage 1 m8 series I can run 10lbs no problem. I've emailed dale back and forth and he's pretty clustered on what Info I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]

Dale is better on the phone, if you call him you'll have everything you need pretty fast.

Not sure what alt you're at, but at 9k+ anyhow, 10 psi is well below duty cycle for this setup.

D
Nov 6, 2012
Dale is better on the phone, if you call him you'll have everything you need pretty fast.

Not sure what alt you're at, but at 9k+ anyhow, 10 psi is well below duty cycle for this setup.[/QUOTE]

I ride 7000-8500 about

Premium Features