• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost, Boost, Boost..... why'd i wait so long!

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
just (finally) got the BD RG turbo installed on the ol' '09 assault..... all i have to say is whoa boy!
be heading to McBride next week-end to do some real pulls and slight (hopefully) tuning..... i can't wait to see what she can really do!

H
Feb 28, 2012
x3 can't stand a stock sled feels like a plow truck slow and floaty but horsepower is so addictive... LOVE MY TURBO!!!

I spent one day on a stock 163 last week and HATED IT, always pinned the trottle and just wasn't any fun lol

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
...yep.... just like evryone said, don't do it, don't boost your sled! you'll hafta boost every sled you own afterwards!!

the used boondocker race gas turbo for the 09 assault (so far) is the bomb!! good pull, quick spool, and the folks at boondocker flashed my controller ( was setup for a 700) for a reasonable price. so far, richened up the mid-range a bit, threw in ALOT more weight at the clutch than i originally thought i would have to, might have to up to the next set of Daltons ( QAP-4 to QAP-5) if i can't get her to stay off the rev limiter.

happy, happy, happy!!

Premium Features