• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 800 factroy mod motor

J
Jan 30, 2008
northern wi
I have been back and forth and back and forth some more on what route to take...I am new to Polaris and had a 04 pro Xr factory built 800 mod practically given to me. I took it with intentions of getting a Iqr rolling chassis for a long track conversion. Now after doing all the research. I am fully aware of the custom fabbing it will take to make this motor fit, and I am ok with that since I like building custom things and not being like everyone else. But after doing the research and not being to familiar with polaris and the reliability of their motors, I am second guessing putting this motor in. Would I be better off in your honest opinion to just sell this set-up off and find a 600r motor to do a conversion with? Decisions Decisions...I am pulling my hair out on this one just thinking about what to do? If I do sell my 800, anybody have interest in a Fresh 04 factory mod 800, slp twins, carbs, primary, secondary, wiring, everything!!!:face-icon-small-con

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
You will have much more $$$$ in the 600r conversion. You'll need the entire engine compartment outta one. The fab work isn't really that difficult if you can weld or have a buddy who can.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I fit a few motors into mine and the only one i wouldnt want to take on is a triple haha
But i have fit a 720 Cat race motor and 670/720 mod RV motor and that was much much more work to fit, The 800 should be fairly easy if your handy with tools.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
The 800 goes in pretty easy. Don't bother with oil injection and it's a little easier. If you really do have a factory 800 mod motor it will be a lot more fun then a 600r.

Premium Features