• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

91 superjag starting

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I am rebuilding a 91 superjag. Got it all together and she will not start. It has a primer and choke. Anyone with experience in starting these 440 fans please share. I choke no go, I prime no go I choke after prime no go. Plugs are wet and there is spark. Figure I need to hold my mouth just right!

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
My Daughter had this sled and I had to use the bypass plug all the time for it to run well and I replaced the throttle block twice trying to cure it. It would start but run like crap without the bypass plug in.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
Went to look at the switch tonight, it fell apart inside and out. Pulled the throttle lever off and see the switch has one each red, black and yellow wire going to a white block. The contacts for the block look bent or torn. May have been the previous owner was hard on it.
My question is to bypass this while waiting for a new one to arrive which wires does the on/ off switch connect? Or does it break the circuit and will run as is now? I do not want to be pulling for an hour with the switch "off".

Thanks AKG

Premium Features