• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got to have insurance??

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
my buddy just told me that if cop or dnr would fine me for $750 if i dont have a insurance on my snowmobile? I dont have insurance becuase it take too much money and I ride here on my farm and dont have to worry about it but i ride with my buddies riding out of city sometime. I dont know if its true.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Never heard that on private property. Look up your local DNR agent and give them a call. I have called them for off the wall questions with no problems. Hope this help

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I,d have at least liability, very cheap. You never know what can happen and someday you may wish you had it. I have it on every toy I own, right down to my daughter's 50 atv and her xc120, since there is always one of her friends riding them.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
ok thanks guys. I dont have a insurance on my snowmobile since 2006 and it look like I am done riding here in iowa for the season but last ride will be at the snowies.

Dec 5, 2007
SW IA
costs me $92/yr for liability only. Take it off for summer, add it back at first snow. Shed burns, my problem! It is a law that vehicles on the roadway carry liablity. From the 50 cc dirtbike to the Ranger. Some farm policies will cover under farm liability, some do not

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
costs me $92/yr for liability only. Take it off for summer, add it back at first snow. Shed burns, my problem! It is a law that vehicles on the roadway carry liablity. From the 50 cc dirtbike to the Ranger. Some farm policies will cover under farm liability, some do not

that isnt so bad. thanks

Premium Features