• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 d7 Headlight and gauges cutting out.

J
Apr 6, 2008
07 d7 headlights and gauges are cutting out. Engine continues to run fine but I shut it down immediatly to prevent any damage to the ecm. Everything is normal after I restart it but it does it again shortly thereafter. I installed a new voltage regulator because when it first happened it wouldn't reset itself like it's doing with this new regulator.
Anybody have ideas? It's almost as if a circut breaker is popping and restarting the engine resets it. ????????

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
At what RPM's does it do this?
I had the same problem with mine but the idle RPM was too low when the engine was warm so it dropped under 900rpm's, and then the gauge and head light cut for me too.
You could also check the adjuster on the throttle cable located just above the console, this has a tendency to screw itself down causing the throttle cable to get loose and thereby adjust the idle speed down.
If you got like 1300-1330 rpm and it still cut I'd check the VR if I where you, it's a common problem on these.

It's a place to start your search at least :)

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
when my headlight dimmed, and gauge quit qorking it was a wire grounding out under the handlegrip for the warmer. my gauge didnt work at all tho untill i pulled the wire out and taped it up. sounds a little different than your issue but maybe somehting to look at??

Premium Features