• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bogging and backfiring

M
Dec 27, 2009
hey guys .....im new to the fusion 900 and am having a problem with backfiring and bogging. its an 05 fusion 900 pretty much stock.....gutted stock air box , rad delete, slp hot air eliminator vents, 06 motor mounts, stock exhaust. the problem started when i hit an approach and overshot it, i flat landed and hit pretty hard , the sled emmediately started to bogg and backfire and at low rpm sounded like it was running on one cylinder. i swapped out the pluggs for new ones and it ran great till i stopped and shut it off,i fired it back up and wanted to give it some gas and couldnt get the rpm's up it just boggs out,i checked the pluggs and they r wet, but both have spark. i was thinking mayby i knocked the tps out of whack no sure what to try first......any suggestions would be great, thanx guys

J
Jan 6, 2010
i had same problems last weekend it turned out to be the plastic connector in the fuel tank that links the two hoses together came appart ,and that ment the fuel regulator was not working and i was running crazy fuel pressure,good luck

M
Dec 27, 2009
right on .....thanx guy's,iv been really busy with work till today...so im gonna put some time into the sled tonight and go over all the stuff u guy's mentioned.......wish you guy's nothing but clean runnin sleds and good snow......thanx again

M
Dec 27, 2009
so i pulled the recoil off and pulled the stator and found a wire that was rubbing and broke...i soldered it back together put the sled back together and she runs like a champ.......thanx fr the tips guys

Premium Features