• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FST Over-Boost or full boost update?

B

BadAftertaste

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
www.jcbritish.com
Errr, any k03 is a frickin time-bomb. Why would anyone in their right mind try to over-spin one?

Now, a drastically lightened, gt25r powered, stand alone equipped, long track FST still sounds pretty damn cool to me. That Weber is a pretty nice plant.

What's holding the mountain tuners back from building Poo 4strokers?

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Someone did it on the old forum a couple years ago, just took time, a bigger turbo, and plenty of cash to lighten it up and add a longer track.

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Errr, any k03 is a frickin time-bomb. Why would anyone in their right mind try to over-spin one?

Now, a drastically lightened, gt25r powered, stand alone equipped, long track FST still sounds pretty damn cool to me. That Weber is a pretty nice plant.

Ok dont flame me here, Is the k03 the turbo? I know Yayou is running a larger turbo on his but dont know any more than that.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

why build one when you can do a 6,7 or 800, have more HP, and lighter weight.

I think it would be cool as heck, not too many around.. I just dont see the upside in building one.... if someone could show me one that could be pushed to 300hp... then I would jump on...

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
why build one when you can do a 6,7 or 800, have more HP, and lighter weight.

I think it would be cool as heck, not too many around.. I just dont see the upside in building one.... if someone could show me one that could be pushed to 300hp... then I would jump on...

Well..

Silencer/controller kit =190Hp, extentions + track and clutch/gear. Ready!!
Yeah, you might want some ligthweight stuff as well, but no absolute need and now you run 4-stroke reliability + torque curve.

Not top dog, but far from last on the hill I'd say?

RS

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Well..

Silencer/controller kit =190Hp, extentions + track and clutch/gear. Ready!!
Yeah, you might want some ligthweight stuff as well, but no absolute need and now you run 4-stroke reliability + torque curve.

Not top dog, but far from last on the hill I'd say?

RS

No doubt! My wife rides a 08 FST Switchback & the more I ride it the more I like it. I will be picking up another for myself to do some tweaks to. Amsnot weight was 30 lbs more thant the 800, I changed the can to a MBRP can & am now within 15 lbs of the 800 & get better fuel milage & more power..... A very under estimated sled for sure, It will out run alot more sleds than people think.

Premium Features