• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carl's Cycle Sales 850 Axys Clutching & Shock Revalves

D
Feb 1, 2015
If anyone is looking at clutching for their new Axys 850, Carl's Cycle Sales already has a setup ready to go. They were able to test last year, and dial in a setup. Give them a call if you want any work done! Phone number is 208-853-5550!

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Is there a Snowest member discount? :face-icon-small-hap

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Hah! Wrong thread, my favorite troll.

This one is about SHOCK RE-VALVING, and CARLS does an amazing job!!
Agreed, they do a good job. I had it done on my 2017 and would say it was the biggest improvement for the $$ I have done on any sled.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I would love to do the revalve, if only my 850 were here!!<div><br></div>

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Hah! Wrong thread, my favorite troll.

This one is about SHOCK RE-VALVING, and CARLS does an amazing job!!
I've had my share of polaris's why do you think I'm a troll. And over paid for Carl's services too.

Last edited:

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I would use Monster Performance for shock re-valves. Good service and less money than Carl's. When I called Carl's to ask about pricing on shock work the guy was short and rude over the phone. The turnaround time was long and the price was very high that I was quoted. Ian at Monster is super good to deal with. Just my 2cents.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Used Gas Shock repair once. Came back a wet hot mess.

If you want to save a little money and have an awesome set up. Call Rogers in Cody. They use all the TRS set ups. It just flat works. They won’t have 850 set ups till Tony hits the snow. It will be worth the wait.

We have tested a bunch of revalves and clutching. TRS is always well above the rest.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Used Gas Shock repair once. Came back a wet hot mess.

If you want to save a little money and have an awesome set up. Call Rogers in Cody. They use all the TRS set ups. It just flat works. They won’t have 850 set ups till Tony hits the snow. It will be worth the wait.

We have tested a bunch of revalves and clutching. TRS is always well above the rest.

"wet hot mess"?

Doesn't sound like Andy at all. He's the most stand up dude you could ever meet.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
"wet hot mess"?

Doesn't sound like Andy at all. He's the most stand up dude you could ever meet.

He was given instructions. Once they came back a check on the shock dyno reviewed issues. Came back with different shim stack than asked for. Not even close. Fronts didn’t even match. List goes on. He may be a stand up guy, but won’t see my shocks again.

Have you ever checked shocks after getting them back??? We check them all.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
He was given instructions. Once they came back a check on the shock dyno reviewed issues. Came back with different shim stack than asked for. Not even close. Fronts didn’t even match. List goes on. He may be a stand up guy, but won’t see my shocks again.

I live near him and have had him do a few things for me, on the sled side he's been incredibly good.

Maybe I just got lucky? I don't know, but when I didn't like the valving on my moto fork he changed the tune entirely free of charge.

...but no, if I was going to crack open the shock myself, I'd just valve it myself.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Did you give andy the chance to make it right?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
We cracked them open when the dyno showed irregularities. Otherwise we don’t.

So you have the nitrogen pumps, a shock dyno, and are familiar enough to dig into shim stacks........If I had all those toys, paying someone else to valve my shocks wouldn't even be a consideration. I might buy some pistons but I'd definitely be doing my own work. I might pay you for some dyno checks actually haha.

I've had andy do a few different revalves and if there's a theme, I'd say he tends to go a little soft (but these were mostly arctic cat shocks which seem made for trail bashing sleds carrying a family of four). Kind of an over correction. But he also redid them.

If you got two different valves on ski shocks, that's just a mistake, one I can't picture andy not fixing. I don't know.....no complaints here. I've got a holdover 18 axys coming and if I don't like the stockers that's the first place they're going.

Premium Features