• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M8000 pic and spec's

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Cat designed the laydown engine suzuki just built them, so not like cat is just winging it here. Let's just hope cat realized the zuke reliability kept them from losing even more customers after 2012 than they already did and they don't cheap out on anything in the engine, like they've done a time or two over the years on the chassis.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
yeah, cat "tested" the motor for 4 years. there is no test like the public, and it inevitably seems new things dont hold up like they say they do, funny how that works. IMO this is very scary that the 800 is no longer suzuki and cat is now building their own motors. For me, wait and see on this one.

Cat has several years on the 600 2 stroke now.

They have been building their own ATV engines 550/700 and 1000 since 08-09.

I'm not too worried about it. Can't imagine it being worse then the Dragons or Pros or older Doos. Will it be as tough as the Suzuki 800? I guess we will find out!

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Mono rail is on the snow bike. Can't see them doing that on a sled, but who knows?

The patent drawings show it on a sled.

http://www.snowmobile.com/products/is-arctic-cat-planning-a-new-mountain-suspension-1969.html

Arctic-Cat-Hinged-Suspension-Rear-View.jpg

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Dang-it, I wish this was posted a week ago. I would have spied on Yamaha more last weekend. They were testing in Cooke. Saturday late afternoon my buddy watched them take two skids into their trailer. Obviously from a distance he couldn't tell any details, but I would have took a closer look at their sleds if I had known this was out there.

Premium Features