• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 IQR Build

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I dont have the Layback motor in mine its the older 98 Zr 600 small block with the 720 D&D kit, I just picked up a Layback 720 thats on its way and going to try make that fit also, the M1000 you need tons of fab work and I believe that guy also turbo'ed that sled. With the motor layed back that much in that chassis would be insane for handling. I will be posting pics soon with the motor in all finished up. But those older 720s have crazy power for such a tiny motor.

Sounds good man, I think i want to try the 1000 regardless of fab work but your small engine sounds light and easy to fab into the IQR. Good luck, make it happen!

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Sounds good man, I think i want to try the 1000 regardless of fab work but your small engine sounds light and easy to fab into the IQR. Good luck, make it happen!
Yeah it was pretty easy to slip in but much lighter then my 800r even with pipes, ****ty part tho is i sold my stock air box thinking my pods would clear and they dont!! But only got $200 into a FTX motor plate and hoping my 600r pipes will work with the motor.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Did you use stock skid with longer rails or dif skid? What did you do for drivers? Did moving the skid location help with approach angle?

Stock skid with 144 Ice Age Rails. 2.86 7tooth drivers NOW RUNNING a 5.1 series, 146x2.5x15. And i moved my skid down and back 3/4 of an in. I have very lite ski pressure but i also just had my front shocks shortened an inch so that helps too.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Any better pics of the oil bottle, I'm ready to put one in mine just looking for the right setup.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I would suggest just buying the RR version of the bottle from JS. I mounted my bottle on the CLUTCH side of my sled right above the carbs. It works but its WAY to big for my application and it doesn't tuck in like an oil bottle should. Im actually going boosted with this same engine and sled for next season and i will have to get the RR bottle so my air box will fit. My bottle works great where it is but its overkill like most bottles are for mtn sleds.

T
Dec 12, 2007
I ran Brads motor plate and a 700 non ves with tm carbs and different boots. I kept oil injection and flipped arm backwards so forward throw is less but still opens and closes as normal. I also did a similiar chassis mod for the oil injection arm. However pumps look to be a little different in mounting area. My chassis was right by strut tower and I dont think there was as much material removed. Cant remember all these years later? May be same location.

T
Dec 12, 2007
I ran Brads motor plate and a 700 non ves with tm carbs and different boots. I kept oil injection and flipped arm backwards so forward throw is less but still opens and closes as normal. I also did a similiar chassis mod for the oil injection arm. However pumps look to be a little different in mounting area. My chassis was right by strut tower and I dont think there was as much material removed. Cant remember all these years later? May be same location.

Just noticed you are running the polaris motor straps instead of a custom plate so that explains the oil pump arm mod in different.location being my motor sits in belly of the bulk head etc. So that explains height difference. Oh btw I did run the oil bottle of the only year was made a 2009 600rr trail sled and can order from any polaria dealer as long as you order it as if you are replacing it on that sled. All works well together for me so far.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
The IQR rips. 100% satisfied with it. I will be selling this one and building another one with injection and boost, then ill be set!!!

RE 2.jpg RE 3.jpg RE 1.jpg Snapshot 5 (1-15-2012 9-42 AM).jpg Riding RE 023.jpg 011.jpg Snapshot 1 (2-19-2012 4-16 PM).jpg

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
What did you end up with for gearing? and what size drivers?

Unsure on my gearing, it was something like 21T 40 something bottom. Drivers are 2.86, 7 tooth and i kept my front cooler. Hows the snow over there, nothing here but i have family over that way, maybe i should head over....

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
We have about 3 feet right now which is enough to ride, another 2' to 3' feet forecasted for this weekend. If we get whats forecasted it will be enough to ride most all the good stuff. Come on out.

Last week

novsledding12005-1.jpg

nov21.jpg

Premium Features