• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 Powder Special Blown Motor What To Do?

Nov 26, 2007
A-Town
i have a 99 powder special 600 EFI and as far as i know the pistion rod melted threw the poston and sent chunks of metal all over looking to be distroying the pistons and all that all i have done is pulled the head off and looked....it was caused by the pull cord slowly sawing thew one of the coolant lines which leaked out threw out the seasons last year my brother was riding it when all this happned so now since i sold him my m6 im just gonna build up the old tank and ride it till something new comes out that i like

any advice i was thinking a big bore or something wanna keep it reasonable to save for a new sled for next season but i cant find much on the net for after market stuff

and i havent gotten a pro to look at the sled yet but i will when i get back to AK

S
Dec 12, 2007
Leduc Alberta Canada
There is a guy in the swap meet parting out his 98 600 poweder special, I think he might have everything you need to fix yours.

Your right, there isnt much out there for these sleds anymore. Everyone has a M sled

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
600 Pd not so Special

Not much out there for the 600 motor, mainly because this motor did not respond to big bore kits installed in the stock cyl.............if you go that route find a set of 500 cyl when you make it a 670, the wilder 500 porting will give you 6 or 8 hp more than just using the 600 cyl. the only real motors that worked with this bottom end were recast or billet cyl. Might try casting around on swapmeet for a set. I still have this motor in an 820 PSI cyl set up, it works, fair more hp than my M8, but lots of work and money and pistons are now scarce.

Premium Features