• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Altitude Display???

S
Dec 1, 2007
My altitude seems to stay on the same number i know its not right but havent heard anyone else talking about it. Can restart motor and its stuck on a different number. Any thoughts???

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
My altitude seems to stay on the same number i know its not right but havent heard anyone else talking about it. Can restart motor and its stuck on a different number. Any thoughts???

I had the same problem for my first ride. After I got upset and gave it a "love tap" on top of the dash, it has worked since. Must be a faulty connection.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Rode Valemount with a couple buddies, theirs gave much different numbers than the 2 gps units we had..

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
At the same place at a town in CO where we started ridng from for a week that was at 9000ft it would read anywhere from 8700 to 9300.
I am guessing that it works off barimetric pressure and for these to be accurate they have to be set everyday to a know altitude to compensate
pressure changing due to the weather. Is there a way to set these to a know altitude?

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
Believe the hand held GPS not the Ski doo, or Poo gauges. They operate off of barametric pressue and not satillite. The sled ones are just for a vague benchmark, nothing concrete.

My hand held gps is very consistant, as it should be, so if you have one of these then use it for a more accurate reading.

Chaz

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Believe the hand held GPS not the Ski doo, or Poo gauges. They operate off of barametric pressue and not satillite.
Chaz

True. They self adjust for changes in pressure and are VERY accurate.

C
Dec 22, 2007
brp sent out a news letter to dealers saying they will vary in some cases up to a couple hundred feet beetween machines. so use only as a guideline.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
They change because of pressure AND temp... It tells you what the sled feels. If it is colder it will read higher altitude. Air density changes with temp & pressure.

Premium Features