• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a tunnel stiffener kit for M7

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
Hi,
I got a 2005 M7 162 track and the tunnel is taking a beating from loading gas cans and Skis.
Anyone knows where to find a good tunnel stiffener kit or plates to add to the new rivets I will install soon?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
can;t ya get some aluminum 2 or 3 inch 1/8 angle iron to put a length on each sidetop tunnel edge of tfor added strength..??..seems like your more utility with the sled then boondocking etc..(transportation to ski area;s) ??..you may possibly consider small bolts and locknuts in some area;s if you are in fact not really concerned about looks and abit of weight but more so your work function..i am doing some assumptions here that the sled is only a part of your focus in your activity..??

Last edited:
N
Apr 8, 2010
Newcastle, WA
I have the VA bumper and it has done a great job with snowboards and a cooler in the spring. It runs up to the seam in the tunnel on the drop bracket.
If you wanted a little extra support they can make you one that goes further forward past the drop bracket, but I don't think that's needed for a couple jerry cans and a pair of skis.

Also check out online metals for low prices on aluminum sheet if you want to make your own reinforcements

Premium Features