• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx M-series Supercharger

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Would love to see the power curve on this thing compared to a pump gas turbo setup. Even though I'm a turbo guy over a SC guy on the streets, I can see myself wanting a SC on the mountain. The lag is what's keeping me from purchasing a turbo for my M8. Are there any SC M8's on the snow yet?

They are on the snow now and have been for a while. I have quite a few hours of testing time and Speedwerx along with Empire Diesel have logged hundred of testing hours at ALL elevations and conditions. They will be ready to go in the 2007-2011 chassis right away and the 2012 chassis will take only a few tweaks to get it to fit and it will be ready to go before the sleds hit the snow this next fall. This kit will also get flogged all summer long in the grass and asphalt drag scene on the east side of the country and we will be doing a lot of late season mountain testing on this side. I wont waist your time with speculation, only real world results and in my world that is mountain riding. If you have questions I would be happy to answer them as best I can.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Any of these supercharger companies looking to supercharge the N/A 1100 for the 2012s, that would make one hell of a sleeper and make those sleds more viable for mountain use. How about it Speedwerx?

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Will a Supercharged 800 out run a N/A 1200 both on pump gas?

I've had my 1200 since 07 and thinking of swapping it out to a 2010 800 supercharged. Just looking to do something different. I want to keep my chassis, I have a lot invested in it.

EDP

Lifetime Membership
Will a Supercharged 800 out run a N/A 1200 both on pump gas?

I've had my 1200 since 07 and thinking of swapping it out to a 2010 800 supercharged. Just looking to do something different. I want to keep my chassis, I have a lot invested in it.

how bout sc 1200?

as for your question on 1200 na to 800 what kind of hp you thinking your 1200 is at? I would think it may be close but not sure some of the 1200 guys claim 220 plus or so?

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
how bout sc 1200?

as for your question on 1200 na to 800 what kind of hp you thinking your 1200 is at? I would think it may be close but not sure some of the 1200 guys claim 220 plus or so?

Supercharged 1200 would be great! So your willing to build one? I'm sure the M1000 guys would be happy to hear that.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I see Speedwerx raised the price today for the supercharger kit??? $6K now. Plus you have to get a 2009 head and should get dual EGT's. That's almost $7K once it's all done. $5K was reasonable for 210hp. I can get a race gas turbo setup for $6K and have way more power. Is the SC gonna have a race gas option? Is it going to raise the price of the kit? I was going to go with this SC this summer, now I might just keep my M8 stock and sell it next winter for a 2012.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I think they are screwing up with thier prices. If you want all the toys on it and have them install it it around 8500. Who will buy one at that price over a turbo????

EDP

Lifetime Membership
you guys gotta realize when comparing prices what you are all getting. The SC pump gas kit is turn key. Example of bounus Pipe, Can, clutching, Injectors, right there is worth atleast $1000.00. yeah there are some lower priced kits out there but do some searching around on this site alone and see what people have to say about there lower valued kits. Not to mention the sc kit comes in weighing less then a turbo kit.

the B1 Procharger that is being used moves similar air to the GT2870 series that only a few are using. Lower intake temps on a procharger allow for more hp gains with out going to a intercooler setup as well.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
What's the deal with the videos? 5 pounds of boost wouldn't even turn my crank with my turbo. A pump gas turbo is almost $1500 cheaper and I get koso egt's with it. How much boost on pump? How much for race gas kit? Would have to see a video of a turbo and supercharger for that much difference. I'm sure it would be great in the trees but the turbo is going to have more top end and the lag is slim and none anymore. Sell me on it!

T
you can get some pretty good turbo kits that can hit 15psi (cutler stage 2) for 5500. Once you learn to anticipate the little bit of lag that all turbos have, you're golden.

What would get me to ride a limited tested supercharger that I have to change pulleys on to get more boost except a lower price? And even if i didn't have to change pulleys it's still limited tested compared to the turbo kits out there.

Just my opinion, but until they've ran amazingly well for a couple years it'd be a hard sell to get me to buy one to get your name out there unless it can outperform a turbo consistently and reliably, or is significantly cheaper. These days with the economy how it is...money talks for a lot of people.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
You guys need to a better job of sales.... very weak info. From i can see you are a lil bit underpowered compared to a turbo and more money. Depending whose turbo , a lot more money. You need some comparing vids and maybe a dyno run.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you can get some pretty good turbo kits that can hit 15psi (cutler stage 2) for 5500. Once you learn to anticipate the little bit of lag that all turbos have, you're golden.

What would get me to ride a limited tested supercharger that I have to change pulleys on to get more boost except a lower price? And even if i didn't have to change pulleys it's still limited tested compared to the turbo kits out there.

Just my opinion, but until they've ran amazingly well for a couple years it'd be a hard sell to get me to buy one to get your name out there unless it can outperform a turbo consistently and reliably, or is significantly cheaper. These days with the economy how it is...money talks for a lot of people.

the cutler stage II without a cold air & without clutching is $4425.

I did the math on this system with just the basics installed (EGT & an 09 head) $7728.74

They claim that it slaps right on... but install is $1000! Why are they RAPING customers on install then?

bottom line, I can get 7.5-14/15 psi with the twist of a knob for total of $5780... over 2 grand less. (apples to apples: no intake, no clutching, 09 head & koso 2 field egt, kit installed by Cutler)

I REALLY want to be a fan of this product... but the second that Jeremy got his greedy little hands on it they decided to rape us for it. I just wish EDP had stuck to bringing this thing to the market on his own... he would have done much better imo. Cool product, but just not the right price point.

btw... if you want to run a setup with way more test time on it, and for even less money, I've heard great things about the $2995 push kit from some folks now, that kit is lighter than others, more compact, RIPS & goes well beyond PG for CHEEEEP. Pretty cool setup for the dollar imo. $4425 installed (pretty sure that was the number with an EGT also) & 10+ psi...

EDP... you need to kick Jeremy in the nuts... he's screwing you. (btw... there's 5-6 more weeks of snow here, come out & prove me wrong!!!! Turn me into a fan! If that thing at 10 runs with mine at 14, then, well... you're still $2k high, but I'd be much more likely to be willing to try it because I'd save in fuel costs.)

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
(btw... there's 5-6 more weeks of snow here, come out & prove me wrong!!!! Turn me into a fan! If that thing at 10 runs with mine at 14, then, well... you're still $2k high, but I'd be much more likely to be willing to try it because I'd save in fuel costs.)

Don't give them an out by saying you are going to save $2000 in fuel...

The pricing is reeediculous. As are the turbo's, with the exception of Push WHO BTW IS MAKING MONEY SELLING THEIR PRODUCT for Thousands less $$$

When somebody comes out with a $3K Boost option (installed with what you need to run it) that works on the snow it is going to sell out, period!

Sure do wish ANYONE was designing and testing that package to compete with and beat Pushs' pricepoint, until then GO PUSH.

The supercharger product looks great, the pricing looks terrible.

Last edited:
J

JENSEN BROS

Nov 27, 2007
ELKHORN
SUPERCHARGER INFO

Have done some research on the supercharger and talked to jeremy at speedwerx. i have installed superchargers on big water race boats and street cars. you guys must think about the whole two stroke theory. you just cant push air in and expect horse power. you must balance the intake pressure to the exhaust so you keep the effeciency of the engine in tact. first a good sized air box will help one cylinder from scavenging from the other. second, the boost pressure must match the back pressure of the exhaust so you dont push all of the fuel out the exhaust on over lap. these are key points to making an effecient supercharger set up. that is why the speedwerks supercharger kit comes with a complete exhaust( y pipe, pipe and can). speedwerx has proven to me in the last 5 years that they are doing enough testing and the results i have seen are accurate with what they claim. i just ordered this kit. will keep you all posted as i head west.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
speedwerx has proven to me in the last 5 years that they are doing enough testing and the results i have seen are accurate with what they claim.

Not to beat on you there, but Cutler & Twisted have shown they stand by their work no matter what (whereas SW has BIG issues with customer service when his products fail) and both are way cheaper than SW. $2000 is a lot of money.

As to your comments about theory, at this point, we've PROVEN that the turbos flat WORK. We have big boost near stock reliability now & efficiency is very solid.

Last edited:
Premium Features