• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track replacement suggestions?

W
Nov 26, 2007
Pretty crappy weekend...

Was our riding near Swan Lake... Notices my 154 XP 2008 was acting weird... Wasn't idling right, boggy at high revs.

I thought is was the new motor. About 50 miles on it.

Well one more run up the hill and it came down sounding like a 4 stroker. Interesting...

So I thought to myself that I should run it home on one cylinder. So here I am headed down the trail and I get slammed to my handlebars. All I hear is pop, zinggggggg.... That is the sound of my track ripping across the lugs.

Well I guess I can put the track on the door of my trailer for traction.

What do you suggest I replace it with?

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Camoplast Challenger from Tracks USA. Call Tracks USA, they are very helpful and will give you good advice.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Go 163 or bigger. And 2.5 or bigger. That seems to be what is working the best. Brew, in your tests how have you seen the 174 2.5 to work against the 174 3??

Only got to ride with Robbie and the 3" for 1 day and only spent a short amount of time on it. IMO they are both a huge step above the 163's.
I didn't get enough time on the 3" to see the pluses and minuses....the 2.5 works great in all conditions.

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
Speaking of tracks......the 2010 has a pre-cut track with huge ports......I've ported tracks previously and water crossing is then like taking a slug for a ride...............water crossin on this 2010 Doo track would be a tuff task, if not impossible.

What are the thoughts out there....should an aftermarket track be swapped in prior to delivery (get credit for the Doo track)

X
Feb 1, 2009
Agree with winter brew

There is no downside to a 174 by 16 by 2.5 that I notice only huge upside plus it's real easy to do. Have an xp with a 3" as well ...a lot more work and does affect handling somewhat. Will it go further up the hill?? OH Yeah!!! Is it as much fun to ride? No. Your taking Your life in Your hands crossing water with a ported track.

Premium Features