• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'17 Axys 174 Build Finally Getting Started

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Build starts next week, should get the sled back by 2nd week of December (perfect for UT snow).

Round 1 Mods:
2017 Axys 174LE
Boondocker ST w/ Water to Air Intercooler
Vohk Stage 2 Turbo Clutch, set for 8K-10K ft.
Tuning for 91 clear and 100LL mixed with 91 clear 50/50
SLP Intake
2Cool Turbo Vent Kit
Burandt Edition Fox Shocks
TI Bars (Cold hands problem)
Skinz Heated brake lever

Possible Round 2 Mods:
Skinz Narrow Front End
Wrap
Aftermarket Skis
Upgraded Rollers
TKI Belt Drive Conversion (Don't know too much about these)
Skinz Bumpers and Runners
Rail Braces / xBrace

This will be my first "mod sled". Really excited to see the difference vs. my traditional "add a can and call it a day" setup!

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Thanks! Will definitely post pics as I get them while it’s being built. Other than the vents/shocks, she’ll look like a sleeper, at least until you pull the cord.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I have same sled. TKI conversion drops wt, gear changes made ez. If yur chain breaks you can pretty much kiss the bulkhead good bye. Yur taking it to Colorado to have a few hrs labor done?
Don't forget.

anti ratchet drivers
anti stab kit
clutch lighten true the sheaves and balance

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
I have same sled. TKI conversion drops wt, gear changes made ez. If yur chain breaks you can pretty much kiss the bulkhead good bye. Yur taking it to Colorado to have a few hrs labor done?
Don't forget.

anti ratchet drivers
anti stab kit
clutch lighten true the sheaves and balance

Appreciate the input. I definitely need to do more homework on the chain case vs. belt drive. I do know that they are doing a hardened top gear in it for now.

I like to wrench on things (car guy), but I sent it up there because: a) I work in SF during the week and don't have the time/patience to work on sleds over the weekend when I should be with the fam while I can b) I want the tuning to be absolutley dialed-in, and c) who doesn't want a Burandt built sled? lol

This is my first turbo and actually the first sled that I've ever purchased (snowchecked last year). I had ridden my dad's for years before the snow continuously sucked in UT and we got out of sled for a while. I finally got into a position to buy my own and now our family is getting back into it thanks to last year's amazing winter.

Premium Features