• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

air circulation in enclosed trailer

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
hey guys got a question for you. I have a 34' enclosed trailer that's fully insulated aside from the floor. when it cold out the heater doesn't keep up at all. I plan on insulating the floor and possibly adding a second heater at the rear which will help a ton but all the heat stays at the roof. the heaters don't circulate heat at all really. has anybody come up with a good way to circulate the heat? I don't want ducting ran all over the inside of the trailer. I was thinking a 12v ceiling fan but Id have to remove it all the time to load my rzr's. also though maybe just add a small 12/120v fan in the nose blowing rearward might be enough. anybody come up with something better? floor heat like the trails west units would be awesome. pictures of the trailer below:
exterior.jpg

inside2.jpg

inside.jpg

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can you put it on the top corner near the roof/wall? I'd think a few wall mounted fans would be more than adequate. You could easily make them removable should you decide to put the RZR in there. I installed a few small household fans in my race trailer up near the ceiling at the wall to keep air going when I'm in the trailer sleeping or picking a tuneup out of mid air. They work good.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I think that's what I'll do. Mount one in the corner of the last cabinet and roof pointed down and back. Once I get the second heater installed in the rear I'll put another one pointed down and forward. The floor is getting spray foamed underneath also next days off so that and a second heater should help a tone right there.

Premium Features