• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailswest RPM? Logan Horsepower Trailer? Charmac Trailer?

S
Oct 5, 2016
Idaho Falls
I have been strongly considering buying a new gooseneck trailer. I had saw the Logan in March and it looked to be very well built. Does anybody have one?
Last year I couldn't decide between the Trailswest or the Charmac. I like both but the Charmac didn't have the floor heat. Is it needed?
Any input would be great.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I am on my second Trails West Rpm, the first being there first year of them. There are a ton of updates between the two models, and the new ones are real nice.
That being said, Logan Coach makes some of the nicest Horse Trailer living Quarters (not taking anything away for Trails West), and have been in the game building high quality gooseneck trailers a long time. If you can afford the added cost of there New Snowmobile trailer, I am certain you wont be disappointed.
Charmac has also been in the game building enclosed trailers a long time. Some good, some not so good. But what they are offering now seem to be well done.
It come down to the Charmac and Trails West for me. I went with the Trails West because of availability, cost, past experience and the dealer.
As for the in floor heat, I have no idea if its needed as this is the first trailer I have had it on. We were able to get the sleds melted off before this so I doubt its completely necessary, but hopefully it aids in drying them off in a faster time saving some propane. We will see.
All three are nice trailers and will suit you well, good luck!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Took my first look at the Logan trailer today at the Denver Snow show....all I can say is, I'll be ordering one.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Took my first look at the Logan trailer today at the Denver Snow show....all I can say is, I'll be ordering one.

I walked through their trailer. It was very nice, seemed very solidly built and had attention to detail. What's the weight on one of those beasts?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Any pics of the logan trailer? Not many pics online of them.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Any pics of the logan trailer? Not many pics online of them.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I think many dealer websites are REALLY under-whelming with the eye candy.
There are so many questions that can be answered by having plenty, high-res photos.

They would get more excitement from the hesitant buyer.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Logan has a couple of nice large photos, but then when they go inside the trailer, they tank out with several little low-res photos.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I looked at the Logan trailer at the show this weekend and it looks amazing. I Love that they are using galvanized steel to prevent rust. The interior metal is heavy gauge, cabinetry is very high quality. The one thing I didn't like is the loading doors have raw aluminum that is going to look really bad after the carbides get to the portions not covered by the glides, as well as just walking on it in muddy conditions.

I currently have a '12 Trails West and love all the upgrades that they have made to their trailers over the years. My main complaint about the Trails West is the rust underneath, they should not just primer, they need paint on it all.

I wish both companies would have had bumper pull models to see. I would buy another Trails West if I were to get a new trailer.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
I too spent a good bit of time checking out and discussing the Logan trailer at the show last weekend with both the sales guys and Ryan from ZBroz. It's a quality trailer no doubt but there are still some things I'd want done differently if I were to spend that kind of money on a trailer. My favorite features were all the hooks for gear, heated compartments, cabinet design, sled hoist and most importantly the obvious quality that goes into their trailers.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I too spent a good bit of time checking out and discussing the Logan trailer at the show last weekend with both the sales guys and Ryan from ZBroz. It's a quality trailer no doubt but there are still some things I'd want done differently if I were to spend that kind of money on a trailer. My favorite features were all the hooks for gear, heated compartments, cabinet design, sled hoist and most importantly the obvious quality that goes into their trailers.

How much room up in the nose?
Can you put a mattress up there?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The trailer is really heavy and the doors are insanely heavy. Pack chains if going off road. That is my only gripes. I wish they would all put bigger heaters in. They are not good enough when really cold.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Anything but a Trails west. I'll find the link to my horror story tomorrow and post it up.

Cliff notes:

Rusted in a couple weeks
Pain to get fixed

Sold and got Charmac - love it.

Turbo Dragon Man

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2011
Looking at ordering a Logan coach so anything you recommending to change or fix as you guys have seen one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
Best Trailer Floor You Will Ever Get

Many of the trailers these days are very nice. They all have different approaches at problems (floor heat vs fan, Curved/ramped deck vs flat, etc) The biggest key is looking at many and finding one that will suit your specific needs. We have worked on dozens by each manufacturer and have seen they all have their pros and cons. Find one that is best for YOU.

Whatever you do, you should seriously consider some aftermarket flooring. These trailers are very nice, and as you know, you pay for it!
The main item of wear on these trailers, especially in the snowmobiling industry, is the floor. With skis getting more and more aggressive, the floors are suffering and wearing out.

We have the solution!

Our floor material is extremely durable, especially in the adverse conditions snowmobiling provides.

Let us know if you have any questions we would love to help you out.

We are more than happy to accommodate any modifications and customization's that you need.

cody.barker@fullcourtfloors.com
(435)-757-6651

Cole Willford Professional Snowmobile Hillclimber.JPG Copy of IMG_0451.JPG Copy of IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0461.jpg IMG_0726.jpg IMG_0912.jpg IMG_0910.jpg IMG_0911.jpg

dhtrailer

Lifetime Membership
Diamond H Trailer Sales

Not sure if you have seen the photos online or if you need more? Please contact us if you have any questions about the Logan Coach trailers, and we would be glad to help. I also have referral customers that have owned the other brands, that you could call and get their opinions. We have various packages on order right now and the best deals available.

http://www.diamondhtrailersales.com/i/33-horse-power-z-broz-edition/64947

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Logan, from what I've heard, will build you whatever you want. I inquired about a gooseneck with a 20' box, I was told they could do it. I'd love something like that....room to do whatever you need, nice gooseneck hauling characteristics, but not a 36+ foot trailer....

Premium Features