• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 edge 700 turbo questions

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
So, here we go. I picked up an 02 700 rmk turbo sled. It was ryan lily's project money pit:
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266374
Anyways, this is my first venture into the land of boost. I ride a 13 pro. I just couldn't pass up the steal of a deal I found on this thing. So, what do I need to know? Previous owner had ridden it very little, knew very little of its setup.
I know it's a Steve packer/ turbo doc kit. P/o said he rode at 8k at 10/12 lbs on the switch. He was running trick 114 32.1 w/redline. This seems like more octane than it needs. I'll be at 4-7k. What kind of fuel does this pig need? I've got no problem running race fuel if need be, but 100ll is much more convenient. Anyone with info on these older turbo setups, please chime in. I just want to make sure I've got this thing dialed.
himarker

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I think most of the old guys are in retirement. The 114 sounds rich, you could definitely go down to 110.

I would explore a few options....

1.) if it doesn't have remote adjusters for the power jets, I would get some. Makes life easy. I would think Ryan had the proper jets in it.

2.) I would try to get ahold of Turbotator aka Wayde Johnson. First he can give you a good set up or get you in touch with Bill Lofton. Lofton is a set up genius with those. He has some clutching combos that rip. Second can port the motor. It makes them turbo happy

The quickest, best running set up, I have ever seen is what you have right there. A little direction and it will rip. I know Ryan was taking direction from Twister, so it should be headed the right way.

BTW... some jackwagons are going to come on here and say why and carbs are a pain..... ignore it...

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
we set up a ton of the old carbed sleds.

Fuel 110 would be great.

remote adjusters I have them here.

if it ran all you have to do it turn your powerjet open a half more for elevation.

check plugs. learn to read them and then rock on.

back in the day we used no afr. only fuel pressure and boost gauge.

fuel pressure will be set at 3-4 psi at idle and run that pressure over boost at all times

carbs work super good. wish we could go back to those days.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Thanks guys. From some research I think I'll run straight 100LL. I'll keep it at 10 lbs for now and tune from there. I still need to check out the clutching and the main jets. Start at square one and see how well the powerjets work.

Premium Features