• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossfire 700 cutting out

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Yes oil delete, and barely any slack in the cable

you need enough for the rocker switch to have an audible click...maybe you should unhook the harness plug to the bars to bypass your kill switch and throttle safety and any possible wire short in the bars and try it

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
New plugs when I rebuilt it 200 miles ago, it's was running perfect 100 miles ago with the same can on it

the can can fail in a millisecond..take it off and shake her good upside down etc for loose pieces...

and as well you can download a great manual for 5 bucks from tradebit

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you should be able to unplug the handlebar wiring harness which will mean all systems are bypassed and if your sled runs ok it means an issue with an item bypassed..kill switch..throttle safety etc..you should see the handlebar harness connector somewhere close to (behind/beside)your steering post .

Did you change plugs..??...and as well all electrical plug connections should be taken apart and put together with dielectric grease...that includes the spark plug boots

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if your tss switch in the throttle is not adjusted right and or malfunctioning you can possibly have your exact symptoms .....unplugging the harness disconnects that safety feature of the tss which is for jammed or frozen cables which cuts the ignition..

and pften it acts up like your symptoms even though your throttle cable is not jammed or frozen....just not adjusted or malfunctioning..

could be your tps as well but you have to start doing some stuff and letting us know...
you can't get ten thousand recommendations and not leave the computer to try any of them...for example...have you tried new plugs yet..??

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
what did the old ones look like....black/brown/white/grey..

remember...good chance its your throttle safety switch as well..but try it with new plugs first...then unplug the wire harness...

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
TSS

My M7 was doing the same thing. I adjusted the throttle cable (added some slack) until there was some play in it at the throttle block and the cutting out completely went away.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
My M7 was doing the same thing. I adjusted the throttle cable (added some slack) until there was some play in it at the throttle block and the cutting out completely went away.

x2 unplugging the kill switch will disable the TSS, if it runs better with it unplugged you can pin point the problem to that. Either throttle cable is too tight or the tss has failed.

Premium Features