• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 assault 800 w/ BD RG turbo clutch weights

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
hey there fellow SW's. i finally got my turbo going, and i've been cutting 50/50 108 race with premium ( approx. 100 octane), been riding around 6000-8000 feet, and have thrown the dalton adjustables in it. i'm running 75 grams of weight, but still seem to be hitting the rev limiter.... started @ 70 grams, went up from there. my question is, what weights ( physical mass) are you guys running to keep away from the rev limiter? i'm not sure what s in it for clutching as it stands; can't find the information that came with the goodwin performance springs and helix.
i've got a set of TEAM rooster weights coming that are adjustable to 94 grams, hopefully that'll get her to settle down a bit.
anybody out there with a similar set-up and have their clutching dialed?

Brandro

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2010
Bozeman Montana
www.youtube.com
well how much boost are you running? I'm running a solid orange primary spring and the team adjustable weights @ 74 grams. I'm running similar elevation and 7 lbs of boost. The highest rpm I've seen is 8450 on the trail when I peg it and over boost.

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
I have a silber pump gas setup and at low elevation I am running about 3-5 psi and 74g weights and highest i seen was about 8100rpm

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
cool guys, appreciate the feedback.... the TEAM roosters are in the mail as of today; hopefully be here in time for the next trip to McBride.
now i just hafta learn how to choose the springs and ramp angles to get the thing dialed:face-icon-small-hap

Brandro

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2010
Bozeman Montana
www.youtube.com
I have a straight 48 helix and a black white? secondary spring. It is what Silber was putting in his dragon kits... I also dropped a tooth on the top sprocket so an 18:41 with a 163.

Premium Features