• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ContourGPS Prices??

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Yeah, we will beat anybody's price. I have an order in for the GPS and we carry the 1080P, 16g cards, batteries, waterproof cases,car charger etc. On our website (Being redone) we have to advertise with a minimum price. PM me for a non advertised price. Same for BCA, Ortovox, Mammut,Kelty, Sierra Designs, Jet Boil etc. We have other manufactures for air bags that we are talking to also. We don't stock it all, but can get it to you at great prices. Thanks! Snow is piling up in Colorado....Be safe!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Track down that order of your's and get some of those bad boys in stock on your shelf and I will take one off your hands.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
The guys on e-bay are going to lose their account with Contour. MAP is $349.99 for us dealers. Christoper, I will PM you, I am ordering tomorrow and get them shipped tomorrow also.

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
Just a thought: Why dont you buy them locally where you live and work? Keep you money local and watch it work. Will you pay a bit more? Maybe, but have you even gone to your local dealer and asked them for their best deal? There are probably at least 4 places in Idaho Falls\Rexburg to buy one. In the long run is it worth it? Yes.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just speaking for myself here.
I try really hard to support the members of SnoWest whenever the opportunity presents itself.

But I prefer to PURCHASE all of my gear through the retail channel whenever I can. Now, don't get me wrong, I shop HARD and get the best possible deal I can, but I still go through the retail channel. All the parts for all the mods I did to my sled over this last summer, ALL came through the retail channel from vendors on SnoWest.

My last Contour I bought from ZackCreek, and tonight I placed another order with him for the GPS edition of the camera. He treated me very well last year, and I am sure he will take good care of me again with this order.

My local shop is Rexburg Motor Sports, and I spent just over $50,000 with them in the last 2 years on Sleds, ATVs and riding gear, so I am pretty comfortable in knowing that I AM supporting my local businesses as well ! :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Thanks You Guys!!! We try to get the best gear out there at the best prices. We just got the GPS units in as well as a dealership for ABS. We already have BCA and other gear for summer camping. We are redoing our website, so if you need anything let me know. Thanks again Diz an Christopher!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There is nothing better than being able to give an HONEST thumbs UP to another guy here on Snowest that is doing a GOOD JOB of taking care of other members!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just wanted to say thanks to Zachcreek.
I had him drop ship the new camera to the Holliday Inn in West Yellowstone for the SnoWest forum ride today.

Just arrived and it was waiting for me at the front desk!

Can't ask for better service than that !!

All i have to do now is CHARGE IT UP.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Now if we could just figure out a way to get the battery to LAST LONGER!

Talked to tech support ... It is a 1050mah battery and I am sure some one makes it with more mah ... not sure if it will fit the slot.

They said a GPS with all max settings will use 1GB of storage for 8 minutes of film.

Battery should last 2-3 hours.

Also the only way to keep charging while in full use is with a 12volt car charger so you could charge a battery while riding ... should completely charge in 2 hours and 4 with other methods.

The other methods don't pump enough amps to charge and operate at the same time ... just operate or just charge.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You will NEVER EVER get 2 hours out of a battery on that thing.
45 minutes MAX.!

And that is with turning the whole camera OFF between shots.
The GPS unit is a constant power drain, so even when the recorder is OFF, the GPS is pulling down your battery.

Plan on at least 2-3 batteries for a day, 4 is probably a better guess.

I have been all over their community boards.
no one has found a good alternative to their battery that makes any noticable difference in longevity.

Its a volumetric issue. There just isn't room for a bigger/denser battery. So I just carry a pocket full of batteries and swap them out as the day rolls by.

Also, you will need to create some kind of a WIND SOCK for the mic. Once your sled gets going the wind noise from the mic's front location is horrible. Some people are using infant socks to slip over the front with the toe cut out for the lens to stick out through.

Premium Features