• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 oil tank warpage

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
:face-icon-small-ton
New sleeve with a wider sealing surface area and tapered bore for added strength -- 1 new sleeve fits em all --
New sleeve will fit OEM oil cap/reservoir of all make/model listed below:

SKIDOO
XP chassis
REV chassis
ZX, CK, F, and S chassis

ARCTIC CAT
Crossfire
M-series
SNO PRO

POLARIS (any chassis with a 1.75 inch oil reservoir opening - please check dimension before ordering)
PRO-RMK/Assault
EDGE
IQ
RMK
SKS
SWITCHBACK
RUSH
INDY
FUSION
PRO X, XR, XR FAN
XC, XC-SP
SPORT, CLASSIC, FRONTIER TOURING

will not fit these OEM oil cap/reservoirs :
ARCTIC CAT PROCROSS
ARCTIC CAT FIRECAT
ARCTIC CAT TWIN SPAR
ARCTIC CAT Z, ZL, ZR
POLARIS with reservoir opening smaller than 1.75 inch

Last edited:
Just put mine on tonight, didnt realize how warped my tank was, had to heat it up to get it on. With the insert installed the cap goes on way easier. One side sits a little higher than the other but the cap pulls it down. Shouldnt leak now either.

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Just put mine on tonight, didnt realize how warped my tank was, had to heat it up to get it on. With the insert installed the cap goes on way easier. One side sits a little higher than the other but the cap pulls it down. Shouldnt leak now either.

thank you for the feedback .. installed a sleeve in a m8 the other day .. heated bottle for a few minutes with a hairdryer .. fit nice and tight .. the owner tightened the cap and said i saved him atleast $100 from not having to replace the bottle .. took a pic with sleeve installed

M-SERIES INSTALLED.jpg

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Oil Tank Fix

I am putting on both Dan's sleeve and Kelsey's cap on my 2011 M8 snopro. That had ought to do the trick! Thanks to Dan and Kelsey for all of their help!

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Maybe post the price again and mailing address unless you want to PM that.

I am still interested, just pondering the best way to trim off the excess plastic bump on the seam inside my 2010 tank. I know you said a hot knife but please verify if that is still the best way to trim it off.

Thanks.

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
I am still interested, just pondering the best way to trim off the excess plastic bump on the seam inside my 2010 tank. I know you said a hot knife but please verify if that is still the best way to trim it off.

i heated a razor knife to trim the top of neck a bit the other day to install a sleeve in an Arctic Cat .. all went well .. sleeve fit nice a snug and seated tight to the top lip of bottle .. seen some where you dont have to cut anything, just heat bottle with a hairdryer then pop it in ... check measurement inside bottle - should be 1.75 inch diameter

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
be sure to note your sled(s) and mailing address when you order ... i like to keep records for myself .. thank you ..

Last edited:
D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Thanks Dan! excellent product! Excellent price! This fixed the crossthreading problem I was having on one M. I have another M with a leak and this looks to be a great fix. Just haven't had the snow yet.:face-icon-small-coo

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Thanks Dan! excellent product! Excellent price! This fixed the crossthreading problem I was having on one M. I have another M with a leak and this looks to be a great fix. Just haven't had the snow yet.:face-icon-small-coo

thank you for the feedback . :tea:

Premium Features