• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07/08 M1000 ECU Update Testing Results

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I don't know much about adding a fuel controller, If I do this what should I know... Eventually I would like to add a y pipe, and some sort of intake. What kind of hosepower would these mods add? If I do, where and how do you adjust the numbers in a fuel box? (Me-Idiot)

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
You know, that is a fantastic question. Kevin, at Mountain Magic Sports in Preston, ID sold me the sled and the can. I am very impressed with it so far. He said he got them from Frisby, as in, Heath Frisby the free rider. I googled and sno wested the can, and still can't find anything on it. I emailed Heath Frisby, and he told me to call his brother, which I haven't done yet. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it! The can sounds awesome and rips over a stocker.

S
Mar 17, 2009
update

I have the box and had the update and it is night and day.I think the MBRP can seems to work well.

The tach housing update was unexpected.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Yes, I have an aftermarket Lightning can, and mine runs like a raped ape. Runs past my buddy's sled (identical w/o reflash) all day every day.

On another note, I was told that I didn't dare put any other mods on my sled without adding a fuel controller. I would like to put a bdx or timbersled intake on, but don't dare... anyone tried this without a fuel controller? How about with a fuel pressure regulator?

I have a 07 M1000 with a Black Magic can and Timbersled with no controller.
500 miles in Yellerstone before reflash and 110 miles in Cooke after reflash with no problems.
I don't think I would try it with a BDX, I think they would pull in to much cold air.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Good day. I previously posted that 2 of our reflashed 08 M1000s with MBRP cans ran poorly after all the updates except for the airbox mod. We did the airbox mods and added a 4" billet intake into the stock airbox. Not perfect but a huge improvement. Sleds still seems to load up a little at idle but pulls clean and hard. Previously our flashed sleds were no faster than an unflashed completely stock 08 M1000,the flashed sleds throttle response was terrible and sleds basically ran like ****. With the airbox mods the flashed sleds easily outperformed the unflashed sled. If you have a poor running flashed sled with a can, i would recommend the airbox mod. Sleds even sounds crisp at an idle now.:)

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
What other airbox mods did you do to your sled I have the same problem.
Just the factory air intake update which consists of a rectangular hole with a screen placed on the hood side of the air intake near the banjo tube. Only other mod was the 4" intake. I am sure someone has a pic of the update for the air intake, if not i will post one when i get a chance.

S
Dec 6, 2007
idaho
07 m1000

Not too happy with the new flash. it rips on the wot. But every once in awhile it bogs in the low rpms and just about yard darts me over the front. the only mod is a mbrp can. Talked to the dealer about switching ecu's on a holdover and he's gonna see what he can do.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
my sled is an 09 1000....mods are speedwerx y-pipe, speedwerx big air intake, i also drilled a number of 1/2 holes in the front of the air box and belly pan which i covered with frogskinz, and a custom pipes can.....dyno'd 161.5 stock, and 174.8 after mods.....torque went up to 133 ft/lbs at 7200 rpm....i run a bd fuel controller, and it needs it.....i try to keep my max egts about 1225 on a long, hard pull, but on shorter ones it is usually about 1150-1175....with clutching mods i have no problem killing xps, poos with nitrous and basically anything short of turbo sleds, clutches run cool, belts last 650+ miles....venting is a must....small changes to suspension....best sled i've ever had, powderclaw i amazing.........hope to run it another year, then tear it down and re-build it from the crank up......but who knows, maybe there will be something new that catches my eye by then...:D

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I started another post about this but I thought I should post it on here too.
I had the 09 update done to my 07 m1000 four rides ago and last saturday I burned one of the cylinders down. The sled has just over 2000 miles on it with not one problem and then I get the update done and it burns down 4 rides later. The sled is totally stock. I wish I wouldn't have had the update done.:mad:

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
2nd ride on update, stock 08.
1st ride was only a half day then stator crapped out.
Full tank of fuel + 2.5 gallons saturday. Fuel mileage seemed same as before.
Sled ran great... Much better response, seemed to be stronger on top end and midrange, never once did it act funny or try to die after a long pull like it used to.
It definately "gurgles" more just above engagement when putting around, but hit the flipper and it reacts right now.
Very happy with reflash.

S

stay tuned

Oct 18, 2002
Bozeman, MT.
07 M1000 with Cutler intake and secondary set up. Stock head and exhaust with the 09 updates done. Running at 7 to 11,000'. EGT's are 1150 to 1200 on long pull. No fuel management setup. But my rpm's are a little low right now at 7100.

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I'm running a D&D1200 on a 2007 with a D&D pipe, BDX intake, and SLP can. I've run it with no problems and have never seen EGT's over 1200deg.

I had this update done about a month ago but I haven't run the sled yet because I was having too much fun on my new M8. Well I think that is sold now so I will be running the 1200 this weekend but I don't know what to expect?

Did the re-flash add fuel to the low and mid with no changes on top or what?

Will I be lowering my BoonDocker numbers all day???

Last edited:
C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
I'm running a D&D1200 on a 2007 with a D&D pipe, BDX intake, and SLP can. I've run it with no problems and have never seen EGT's over 1200deg.

I had this update done about a month ago but I haven't run the sled yet because I was having too much fun on my new M8. Well I think that is sold now so I will be running the 1200 this weekend but I don't know what to expect?

Did the re-flash add fuel to the low and mid with no changes on top or what?

Will I be lowering my BoonDocker numbers all day???

judging by my EGTs, they added fuel to the bottom and mid, and took some away on the top. pretty sure they changed the timing curve as well. be careful on the top end.

some friends dynoed the 1000 before the reflash (167hp) and immediately after the reflash (152hp).:( I have a y-pipe and snowpro air box and I had to add 14 points to my top end, and have taken away fuel in the bottom and mid. seems to be working better than before the update.

A
i have an 07 m1000. I had the origional flash until last year when my motor burnt down. it was fixed under warrenty but they reflashed the ecu per the 2008 reflash. i have not been all that happy with it. I run a speedwerx can other than that it is stock. I am a little learry about the new flash. What have you guys found with the new flash and that can?

Premium Features