• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Editing Software for gopro? slow motion

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
What do you use for editing go pro footage?

Mainly doing slow-motion shots and of course being able to add music while keeping some motor noise.....I bought and downloaded muvee and it was a fail no slowmotion in it

what do you use? pros and cons? price? and where to get it?

I'm new to editing but know computers well.

Thanks

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I used to put up with Windows Movie Maker lack of features until I found out I had another 'factory' program on my laptop. I have Vista and there is a program called Cyberlink PowerDirector that you can move frame speed faster or slower and it has way better controls for volume and sound clips IMO. Haven't gotten to use it much but for a 'free' software that I didn't have to even download it has a lot of good features. Wish I had more time to get a good software and learn how to use it, but I don't have that good of footage to make a decent video anyway. Hope that helps.

This is the most recent vid I put together using PowerDirector. Simple, but good I think.

Last edited:

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I bought Sony Vegas Editing Software because I wanted a little more than what Windows Movie Maker had to offer, but Sony Vegas is very confusing to run, I find myself using Movie Maker more than Vegas

If all you want it for is slow-mo and music, movie maker would do the job! It should come on your computer from the factory!

It is not on your computer The link is below
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

Hope this helps,

Ryan

I found the same thing... granted I have little editing experience... but I picked up Elements and found that I use Movie maker more just because of ease of use. I would like to be able to do more than Movie maker offers... but need a few tutorials first. Movie maker is nice because it is so easy that you can figure it out without a tutorial. Plus you can get it as a free download.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_6Q56piYkM

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
I used movie maker for a few years then wanted more. I use Vegas now. you guys that have Vegas and don't use it should watch a few youtube tutorials on the basics of using Vegas. every time i wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out i turned to youtube and theirs some guy showing ya how to do it.
Here is a few videos i made with vegas. All footage is gopro and contour

E

E Money

Aug 7, 2011
windows movie maker with gopro

Hi guys,

Trying to use windows movie maker and it wont let me import my gopro clips as mp4 files. Not Very savy with this stuff, figured out how to convert them to avi and wondering if that is a good bet? Any tips or ways I dont have to convert the files and/or easier use? THx,

EF

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
LET YOUTUBE HELP. This is mostly gopro footage with some from a sony nex5,used with windows movie maker BUT once you upload it to youtube,they offer a little more visual help. You can adjust colors and some basic stuff that windows doesnt include. Looks better imo than the strictly windows edit.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2X4dTfq68GU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2X4dTfq68GU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

M
Jan 14, 2004
I use Sony Vegas as well. I'm no expert at it but the more you use it the better it gets. It is frickin mind boggling at first but like was mentioned the Youtube tutorials make it pretty easy. You can do all kinds of things from great fades to zooming already shot Gopro footage to slow fast and reverse motion. Skys the limit. Its a little tough at first but its software you can grow into. All of these were done with it obviously some are better than others but we are just beginners as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wrnytro?feature=results_main

Is anybody here a Youtube expert? All of the vids on our channel have like 300 - 1000 views except 1 is at 76,000 views. WTF is with that?

M5

M

mtn.missle

Nov 11, 2012
Boise
best way to download?

Are you all downloading from the camera or just the card? I just inserted the card and viewed/downloaded from it, is there any advantage or disadvantage to one way versus the other? Also do any of you know good edit ware for mac?

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Are you all downloading from the camera or just the card? I just inserted the card and viewed/downloaded from it, is there any advantage or disadvantage to one way versus the other? Also do any of you know good edit ware for mac?

I'm downloading with the cable from the camera. The way I looked at it is stuff wears out and the more times you insert and remove the card the more likely it is to stop working. I don't have any real experience on the matter though.

Y
Mar 2, 2011
Hi guys,

Trying to use windows movie maker and it wont let me import my gopro clips as mp4 files. Not Very savy with this stuff, figured out how to convert them to avi and wondering if that is a good bet? Any tips or ways I dont have to convert the files and/or easier use? THx,

EF

same problem here

anybody can help?

Koog57

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2008
Donnelly, Idaho
I use Sony Vegas for all my videos. I am currently using Vegas 11 and I have found that it has more features than I will ever use. If you ever need help there is always someone on YouTube with a help video for Vegas. If you ever think Vegas doesn't have enough effects you can build and save your own as well as buy them online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKF7ozPKfOA&list=UUPWpOmw_UAE6NbAPGR8ALog&index=2

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I use Sony Vegas for all my videos. I am currently using Vegas 11 and I have found that it has more features than I will ever use. If you ever need help there is always someone on YouTube with a help video for Vegas. If you ever think Vegas doesn't have enough effects you can build and save your own as well as buy them online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKF7ozPKfOA&list=UUPWpOmw_UAE6NbAPGR8ALog&index=2

Which Vegas 11 exactly are you using? I searched quick and saw anything from $50-$400

Koog57

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2008
Donnelly, Idaho
Which Vegas 11 exactly are you using? I searched quick and saw anything from $50-$400

I use the full Vegas 11 Pro edition for a 64 bit operating system. Once you buy the initial package the upgrades to the next version are much cheaper. I think I paid around $400 for the first version and then every year or so I upgrade for around $200.

Premium Features