• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REVIEW: Custom Sled Lift (Mfg by MtnMax97)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
TUDIZZLE has contacted me and asked me to move this thread over into the new REVIEWS forum, as it is obviously a review, and wonders why management is allowed to place a thread in the wrong forum and not have it moved right away.

The answer is that this thread will end up living in the Review forums very soon. I placed it here only because its summer and things are relatively slow and I wanted to use this as a test vehicle to see how this style of product review was received by the general membership of SnoWest.

Other reviews I have done have been limited in scope to the Yamaha 4-stroke Forum.

I wanted to see if there was any substantial blow-back from the high number of large photos I embedded into the thread or not.

As this drops off the active list, I will move it to where it belongs for the duration.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Can you lift shorties with that lift? I have a couple 121's I need to work on from time to time.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Worthless rafters that wouldn't support the weight I am afraid.

then how the heck are your walls and roof standing? I lift my Poo using a strap hanging from a bicycle type hook that is just screw into the 2x4 that the sheet rock is hung from....and if you are really worried justbrace a couple rafters together.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
then how the heck are your walls and roof standing? I lift my Poo using a strap hanging from a bicycle type hook that is just screw into the 2x4 that the sheet rock is hung from....and if you are really worried justbrace a couple rafters together.

Beats the heck out of me.
But last year I had a garage furnace installed in the roof.
When the guy crawled up into the attic I ended up with multiple seam cracks in the ceiling along the joint lines where he was crawling to cut the vent hole for the heater.

I can only imagine what would happen if I tried to lift 600lbs !!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
If your going to reference a private comment at least get it right. I wondered, sarcastically, why all my threads get moved so quickly when deemed in the wrong area. This belonged in the review section...but of course no one would ever see it there. Even you know that ;)

Nice rack though

TUDIZZLE has contacted me and asked me to move this thread over into the new REVIEWS forum, as it is obviously a review, and wonders why management is allowed to place a thread in the wrong forum and not have it moved right away.

The answer is that this thread will end up living in the Review forums very soon. I placed it here only because its summer and things are relatively slow and I wanted to use this as a test vehicle to see how this style of product review was received by the general membership of SnoWest.

Other reviews I have done have been limited in scope to the Yamaha 4-stroke Forum.

I wanted to see if there was any substantial blow-back from the high number of large photos I embedded into the thread or not.

As this drops off the active list, I will move it to where it belongs for the duration.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Beats the heck out of me.
But last year I had a garage furnace installed in the roof.
When the guy crawled up into the attic I ended up with multiple seam cracks in the ceiling along the joint lines where he was crawling to cut the vent hole for the heater.

I can only imagine what would happen if I tried to lift 600lbs !!

sounds like bad taping to me....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
All I know is that my sled will be PUSHED UP from beneath so long as it's in my garage! :face-icon-small-hap

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Engine Lift Bracket on top, Screw Support Bracket in Middle.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The single most important weld on the entire structure.
This is the attachment of the lifting screw to the sled lift structure.
If this weld fails, the entire structure will collapse.
picture.php

This is the only thing on the entire unit that makes me nervous.
That is a small weld holding a LOT of weight.
I wish it were larger and more substantial.
picture.php

There are plans on-line to build one of these. I built one last winter, it's very close to this design. In the plans they have you just weld the jack as in the above picture. I didn't feel comfortable with all that weight and stress on that one weld. I ended up putting a strap all around the jack and attached it to the pivot bolt. I was able to weld the jack to the strap in a couple of spots. You have to be very careful with your welding on the jack, so the weld doesn't make a bump inside the jack housing.

These lifts are a must in my opinion.

Premium Features