• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

************2009 Race gas D8 won't idle need help************

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
All 09 D-8's have a throttle safety switch in the throttle block. Has it been eliminated? Are you running an aftermarket throttle block? If so, then the wires must be cut that go to the safety switch.

These guys are correct. If that switch is partially open, it will not start, idle. Period.

70% of idle problems with CFI's are due to misadjusted throttle cables. The other 30% are caused by partially torn intake boots causing vacuum leaks, TPS, TPS wire connector, and fuel pressure issues.

When you say you checked the TPS, how did you check this to know for certain you're not having a problem with the TPS?

I would bet a six pack if the throttle switch/cable is adjusted properly, that the intake boots or vacuum leak is occuring.

diamonddave, just waiting for my six pack

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Did you finish the beer? Just curious what you found when you tore the sled down and wanted to ask how many miles you had under boost. The Dragons are going pretty cheap and I might have to look into one for another turbo sled.

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
No beer yet! About 700 miles with out any engine problems and I know what caused this one. I found the ring at the exhaust side thin due to the lean condition from the pipe pulling apart under boost. (runnig carls cycle single ring pistons) There's a fix for it and I'm going to weld the new pipe coupler/flex joint. The pistons, cylinders, head, and jugs look perfect. I'm going to rering and run it.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Let me know when you're in Federal Way area. I'll be glad to buy you a 6 pack.

Actually, now that I see you're close, just pm me your phone/address and I'll deliver the six pack of your choice to your garage after work???

Last edited:
Premium Features