• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch... Chris Brown's a Hurting unit. Anyone see this?

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
I highly doubt its because he can't afford insurance. Most insurance company's wont insure people that do things like this.... I know on of my life insurance wont pay out anything if I die in a sled accident. Look at it for their perspective its not if you get hurt... Its when.

Look at Race Car Drivers... All of them..

Uninsurable!! Period

Kinda.. like a Big Wreck.. It's When..

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I'll step aside from all the bashing and wish Chris a speedy recovery and hopefully he's back doing what he does on a sled for next season.

Love the video's and segments guys, push the limits, it's whats kept me pushing myself more and more every year!

Godspeed!

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
So he does those stunts without insurance huh? All that means is the rest of us who do pay for insurance are insuring him. And if he's in Canada, it sounds like the Canucks are footing the bill since I doubt anyone would really ever pay back 250,000 in medical bills.

I can see why people who do pay for insurance have to pay for people who aren't doing highly dangerous stunts but can't afford insurance. I find it a little ridiculous that we have to insure the people who choose to do the highly dangerous stunts without insurance. Perhaps if he couldn't afford the insurance, maybe he shouldn't be going off 100 foot cliffs into trees.

I'm sure what I said will piss a whole bunch of people off, but seriously, someone has to pay for medical bills for the accidents that will almost certainly happen. It's not like they can't predict that that stuff is going to happen.

pretty sad society we live in when the profit incentive of an insurnace company effects people's opinion about how much freedom everyone should have when it comes to making their own decisions. you should direct your concern at the insurance company, not the person exercising his free will.

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
Holy ****... If I know half of you guys where going to jump on the "**** Chris, that no insurance having snowmobiler and burden to us tax paying folk" bandwagon, I never would have posted it. I have no affilication to this even in the slightest, heck, I live in Ontario. But when I saw this my heart sank and I thought this would be the place for this to get the most positive response.

These riders, these vids, these plane and simple guys and gals push limits and drive the sport to heights that did not seem possible. If there wern't people out there to push limits in any facet of life, this world would be a pretty darn boring place to live. Product improvements are in every industry out there. These guys improvements seem to come with calculated risk.

I am a pretty sad to read the lack of compassion on this forum; If anyone could have understood what Chris is going through, I would have thought it to be other sledders. Insured or not, this is an unfortunate accident that happened to one of the pioneers of the new age of snowmobilers. I cannot for the life of me understand how this thread got to the point of bickering about how this accident is a burden on the taxpayers of North America. You guys can basically suck my left nut... and I truly hope that not one of you guys that are calling Chris out on his actions are smokers, do drugs, drive without a seat belt. I hope every one of you where a tether or a safety harness when you climb a ladder and are the epitome of the safety conscious person.

My only question in all of this is where are Chris's sponsors?

I for one did assume by the nature of the sport that their coverage was a little more substantial than what seems to be the outcome of this event. Could it be that the ones that were supposed to cover him are dropping him like a stone?

Speedy recovery Brown. You guys are my hero's.

x2-F_ast i totally agree, backcountryislife-good job for sticking up for chris! same for you triple650, and others!

now for-jughead,hyperduc,izzni. you guys retard or just pain stupid to sit on here and bash Chris on this wreck is flat retarded. i cant believe it! these guys do the riding they do to push the sport and from that. you are riding the sleds we have today, and to entertain your @$$ while you sit on the coach. if you guys dont want to help him with money then shut the F up and dont write your bull$#!t on this thread go to a different thread and whine about how you cant set your sled up or some cr@p.

or better yet sell your sled and get some snowshoes and use those! cause sledders stand together! not talk down about one another. you guys would make a great tree hugging granola!

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Can't read the responses anymore, but just wanted to post a comment that Chris made a few days back. It was on a public page, so nothing that was intended to be private.

"I think it's time for a reality check for some of us...why are we doing this? It's at the point where you have to do something super gnarly to progress big mountain riding. Everyone wants to be in the movies but for what reason is what you need to ask yourself. I can tell you firsthand that being in all the movies really doesn't get you anything more than bragging rights. It doesn't pay and probably never will. It actually cost money for most of us as we have to pay for our own fuel, buy our own sleds and pay for medical bills. It has been proven by a couple manufacturers that you don't need to be a crazy skilled rider to get free sleds...you just need to be a good salesman and represent the company in a good positive manner. I have made my decision...I will only ride for fun now with my bros and test my skills in technical terrain that doesn't have serious consequences. Please be smart out there guys...I don't want to see any of you in my position. I WILL be back with a full recovery...I have no doubt...but I will not be doing bigger crazier stunts for the films (maybe for Hollywood since the pay is so good).

Bottom line is have fun out there but think about the risk versus reward before you do something crazy. "

Premium Features