• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D8 Turbo

T

THA_Natty

Jan 5, 2009
Great Falls, Montana
I just took the Dragon out for the first ride, and we seem to be having some issues getting it all dialed in. Its a 2008 Turbo Dragon 800 the top end has been rebuilt, and it got the 2010 ECU Flash. its having some bogging issues when the sled reaches high RPMs or when you put the throttle to the bars. We have been playing with the fuel but cant seem to get the numbers right. Any suggestions would be great! to top it all off an engine code popped up. so if anyone has ever got an engine code 80 or knows what it is i would appreciate it. thanks!

ROCKNESTER

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
CHICO, CA
www.boondockersmovie.com
count the check engine light flashes... I believe there is a set of codes for one through 7 flashes. I know 5 flashes and then a one second pause is the EGT sensor. Experienced that one four times myself.

There is a thread somewhere on this site that details the different codes in what they mean.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
You may want to consider the "Superceded Jan 09 Flash". There are some threads on here that give correct flash codes depending on injector color. There have been may reported problems with the newer flash on a boosted 800. Good luck. EW

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
I just took the Dragon out for the first ride, and we seem to be having some issues getting it all dialed in. Its a 2008 Turbo Dragon 800 the top end has been rebuilt, and it got the 2010 ECU Flash. its having some bogging issues when the sled reaches high RPMs or when you put the throttle to the bars. We have been playing with the fuel but cant seem to get the numbers right. Any suggestions would be great! to top it all off an engine code popped up. so if anyone has ever got an engine code 80 or knows what it is i would appreciate it. thanks!

Get the 09 flash put in(works way better the the 10 map) and also look into your pipe temp sensor it will definitely affect your top end.
Also you might want to have your TPS checked...when it's set correct the throttle response will be better at least on the bottom end.

Just my .02

T

THA_Natty

Jan 5, 2009
Great Falls, Montana
I appreciate all the advice. I took the sled up to KH and it ran awesome!! no bog just power. Im wondering if had to do something with the elevation in cooke city. I dont know just a thought. I will look into getting the 09 flash as well. thanks again!

Premium Features