• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 600 no spark...wiring?...help

D
Dec 22, 2008
Hey guys, I was getting my wife's 1999 VMax 600 Deluxe (triple) trail sled ready for the season...unfortunately one of my kids got into the garage when I was not there and essentially started unplugging and plugging wire connectors all over the place. I thought I put them all back together right, but now I have no spark...

Does anyone have (or could anyone draw) a wiring diagram for this sled? It is an electric start model so there are a few more wires than a "regular" 600. Also, this was a model year with individual coils for each cylinder.

Also, could it be from the TORS wiring as well? I am royally confused and need to get the sled running so I can get it out of the garage...

thanks!
Dan

tors wont affect spark. most those connectors are a pain to unplug, so i need to borrow your kids next time i tear one down, ha,ha. so im thinking the easier bullet style connectors are your culprit. at the coils, should be orange to orange, black to black. look there first. most wires on the yamahas are color for color, and plug to plug specific. unless you had something totally backwards and tried to fire it, i hope you cdi box is safe. i have a wiring schematic from the 2000 service manual, should be same. no way to get it to you, but if you are concerned about a specific combination, maybe i can help. also, if you have the owners manual, its in the back.

D
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for the heads up on the wiring diagram in the owner's manual. I don't have one but found them online to look at...unhooked everything and started over per the manual and...wala...started on the first pull.

Thanks again,
Dan

Premium Features