• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys silber turbo bog

H
Jan 22, 2019
colorado
Hey snowmobile family, i have a 2016 Axys that has the Silber Turbo set up running 7#. I absolutely love this machine but i am having an issue with the machine having a bog that has put me in some bad situations. I ride between 9000ft and 12000 in colorado. It bogs when getting into the throttle on the low end side of things and it also does it at high RPM when letting off then getting back into it. I have tried everything from less octane and then ended up having DET codes and not pulling proper RPMS. I have replaced my plugs with NGK bpr9es, drained the tank and started with a 30% 100ll and 91 mix. The weights in the clutch are as recommended by silber at the 74grams. The belt deflection is good. I do not have digital wrench so i dont know if it is the TPS. I am at a loss as i am not an expert mechanic. I have heard so many different examples for this such as TPS, Polaris safety tether, not enough octane, too much octane that my head is spinning. PLEASE HELP

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
You don't need a digital wrench to adjust and check the tps. You can do it with a good multimeter. There is a really good thread on here that one member made and it has step by step procedures for adjusting the tps.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I have your same sled. 16 axys silber 7lbs. 1100 miles. I run silber clutching 76g weight. 9-11000 ft. I hit 8550-8600 rpm at times. What are your rpms at?

I'd check or replace your relays and relocate them.. (threads in the axys forum on this). These commonly get corroded and or fail. This causes the exhuast valves to not open properly. Causing it not to hit peak RPM.

Also your motor mounts are probably shot as well. Check them.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My buddy's 16 axys turbo has s little low end bog just above engagement and is getting worse. 500 rpm above that and it is good. I guarantee it's a Polaris issue. When warming it up it doesn't idle great and will die if you don't buzz it up a little. 95%of the time it runs great but once in a while it will sputter and then out of the blue it just quits it and runs like a champ the rest of the day.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
My buddy's 16 axys turbo has s little low end bog just above engagement and is getting worse. 500 rpm above that and it is good. I guarantee it's a Polaris issue. When warming it up it doesn't idle great and will die if you don't buzz it up a little. 95%of the time it runs great but once in a while it will sputter and then out of the blue it just quits it and runs like a champ the rest of the day.

Has he checked his tps? It sounds a lot like mine before i adjusted it. It was only an issue at idle after starting (warming up in the am mainly).

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Sounds like his. This was my old turbo. I only rode it three times before I sold it to him. I never had any problems. He was going to get the TPS checked. It just started the little bog after engagement but once in boost it's fine. He should check belt deflection also. One day it was sputtering pretty good and we stopped and were talking about it. Fired it up and ran like a champ the rest of the day.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Another vote for putting a little time into making sure belt setup is dialed, loose belt deflection can cause some pretty poor low rpm and in/out of the throttle performance.

May not be the root cause but it generally has a pretty big affect on how well they takeoff and spool.

Jul 22, 2009
Sounds IDENTICAL to the issue I had at the end of last season. I chased a few different things including octane and clutching... turned out to be dirty power valves at 850 miles. I would definitely check out your valves as your issue is so similar to mine.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

That is a sure fire sign of a TPS that needs a bit of TLC- Some of the ones we installed in the early 2016 release with a turbo at idle we needed to slip the tether line between the throttle just to keep it on idle-and headlight from flickering. Once you dial the TPS your golden, just don't rely on the digital wrench, use a good fluke meter set it and forget it...

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
Have you figured it out??

I have the exact issue. I checked TPS...tits on.

BUT, I am also running lean on the MAG side.

I have a new sock coming, but my guess is that is not the issue, as I should be lean on both cylinders??

Thought Crank seal..but the PTO plug looks great. Is there one on the MAG side??

I pulled the ECU from another Silber and no change.

Clutching is good.

Exhaust valves were clean less than 500 miles ago. New top end at same time.

I'm leaning towards a bad injector.

Thoughts??

Premium Features