• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got to see the 18's today

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
They are nice. Make my 15 m8's look cheap. Side panels are sooo nice, new vents on the front look like a good idea, lockout shocks are different, don't know if i would take the time to do it or not.With it locked out you cant move the rear bumper any. Aluminum driveshaft is beefy. When you sit on them and hug the tank with your knees there is only about 2" from the side of your leg to the outside of the cowling. they are skinny!! Have bracing on the inside to keep the panels from pushing in when side hilling, little blocks to keep the hood off the pipe, lots of nice little things. Body lines are very smooth. same stupid snow flap that will buckle straight back first time in the deep snow,
Has a bag in place of the windshield on the MC.
I think they have some winners here.

They had a track to test ride the new 200's. Super popular, they seem to scoot right along. Think they will sell a ton of these.

IMAG2075.jpg IMAG2080.jpg IMAG2081.jpg IMAG2084.jpg

Last edited:

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Just left the local dealer. Saw the early release M8000 SnoPro. Side panels are amazing. New engine sounds nice. Clutches look good.

I'd buy a grey one if it was an upgrade year.

Sent from my Palm Pilot

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
What's the difference with the high country compared to the MC. and the Sno Pro? Haven't heard anything about it yet.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
Notice the full front bumper on the Mountain Cat, hopefully they will actually come with them?

THe MC had a lot of goodies on it , doubt it. Just the same useless one as always.

Got it. I kind of like the colors of that gray, black and orange one. But don't want a crossover.

My son is getting an SE and swapping in a 3.0 track. He really wanted a green one. Its too bad we could at least get a green/orange choice on each model.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I also saw them today and they do look sharp. Anyone know what the snow pro 153 3 inch is selling for in the U.S

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
That Mountain Cat looks sssswwwweeeettttt!!! Not a fan of the bags instead of the windshield, looks funny. Would rather have a bar bag and that way when you roll it you don't squish everything.

The pic of the 200's is just too cool :) I'd vote that snowest pic of the week all day long.

Last edited:
J
Sep 9, 2016
LOL let me address this bumper argument real quick. The three and a half pound aluminum bumper on my wife and my 15 m800 are just that, bumpers in case you bump into it and you don't want to catch your pant leg on that sharp nose but that's it! it's just in case you bump into it. please tell me that you're not thinking that you're hundred and 60 horsepower snowmobile is going to hit a tree and that bumpers going to do anything but just mulch into the front of the sled and cost you an extra $200 to replace. Ask me how I know... :rant:

J
Sep 9, 2016
LOL Orange Mountain bumper for sale! Low miles gently used and in the end very abused a little bit a little twisted but nothing you can't fix $50 plus shipping...:smash::laugh::crazy::pound:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The bumper on the limiteds have protected my sled twice from crunching the hood. All depends on what speed you hit a tree at. To say a bumper doesnt help impact is comical. Guess I should take the bumper off my truck too and save weight. A slight tap into a tree with the 18 can mess up the hood plastics since it sticks out farther that the hoop bumper.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
LOL let me address this bumper argument real quick. The three and a half pound aluminum bumper on my wife and my 15 m800 are just that, bumpers in case you bump into it and you don't want to catch your pant leg on that sharp nose but that's it! it's just in case you bump into it. please tell me that you're not thinking that you're hundred and 60 horsepower snowmobile is going to hit a tree and that bumpers going to do anything but just mulch into the front of the sled and cost you an extra $200 to replace. Ask me how I know... :rant:

I have had that bumper on 3 or 4 pro climbs and have knocked down several trees that would have destroyed the sled without that bumper and nothing was bent, this bumper works unlike some others that just carry more snow

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Been out last week a few times with a 18- 163, runs top notch and owner loves it to death, strong tree sled for sure..

Drove it for a few pulls and mid range Tq was noticeable for sure, takes little effort to turn compared to the 174, but steering seams a bit stiffer..

Little harder on fuel over Etec, and the smaller footprint was noticeable in deep..

Great job cat, sell a ton of them

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
LOL let me address this bumper argument real quick.

Yeah nothing ever hits down there anyway.

This bent the bumper and broke the smaller screws along the bottom.....exactly as designed to. The bumper is toast, bent up too much to get the hood back on. But imagine what the plastic would have done. Not a scratch on it.

The 2012 hoop bumper is stupid and useless. Lower cage ones are not.

bump.jpg

Last edited:
J
Sep 9, 2016
The bumper on the limiteds have protected my sled twice from crunching the hood. All depends on what speed you hit a tree at. To say a bumper doesnt help impact is comical. Guess I should take the bumper off my truck too and save weight. A slight tap into a tree with the 18 can mess up the hood plastics since it sticks out farther that the hoop bumper.
89 Sandman already told me to stop being nice and taking this crap. So here it goes... Common Sense tells you that your truck bumper has at least a five mile an hour crash test at least if it's past a 1974? Please I beg you to drive your snowmobile directly a tree and I'm talking a big one at just five miles an hour and see what happens we'll see if you're bumper saves your snowmobile.:eyebrows:

J
Sep 9, 2016
I have had that bumper on 3 or 4 pro climbs and have knocked down several trees that would have destroyed the sled without that bumper and nothing was bent, this bumper works unlike some others that just carry more snow
trees or saplings? Or the top of a tree sticking out of the snow that try to fold over anyways? I'm talking falling off the trail in the Northwest here and going down into the trees-:juggle: Big ones

J
Sep 9, 2016
The 18 that I saw at my dealership when I was purchasing a new bumper for the wife sled had the bumper sticking out about a half-inch further than the nose so I'm not sure if it was installed wrong or what? The only reason I looked and noticed was because everybody keep saying this...

Premium Features