• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Photos

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
anyone know is this correct?

If I was a betting man, I would say it does not come with the lighter parts, similar to the early release - both shafts, tank, and brake caliper. Sounded like only the MC and sno pro would get the light weight stuff. I very easily could be wrong about, just a fat guess.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
My dealer is telling me the sno pro will come with the LW parts. But I can see Cat not doing that in the end.

That Speedwerx setup pic was taken at the dealer meeting this week.

Anyone else see that new lockout shock for the rear on the Mountain Cat? I think it's kinda like a cheap mans version of a coupled skid. Keeps wheelies down for climbs. There is a vid showing it in use on the snow online against an axys and 850.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
My dealer is telling me the sno pro will come with the LW parts. But I can see Cat not doing that in the end.

That Speedwerx setup pic was taken at the dealer meeting this week.

Anyone else see that new lockout shock for the rear on the Mountain Cat? I think it's kinda like a cheap mans version of a coupled skid. Keeps wheelies down for climbs. There is a vid showing it in use on the snow online against an axys and 850.

Is there a link to the vid?:face-icon-small-con

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Is there a link to the vid?:face-icon-small-con

Not sure how to link a video from Facebook. It was posted an the Sledderz group page and its got the doo and poo crowd in a tizzy! :) it was also posted on the proclimb Facebook page.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Jeez if some of you are going to buy a different brand of sled based on colour alone.... don't let the door hit you in *** on the way out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya because it says CAT that's good enough , no wraps no lightweight ! I'm a Polaris rider till I die just here lurking !! I didn't notice all the above except where is the HCR and 600 ?? Must be a new Wide chassis for Summer release ??

Love the new narrow body idea , no one has that !!

Funny video !! What if they were all long tracks and stayed on the throttle ?? The Polaris is Obviously a Switchback Assault cuz it's got shorter than the Dash Bars and Big wide Arms , the Doo isn't even a 850 Chassis it has the wrong hood !!

Love these unbiased videos

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The video shows just how much it keeps ski lift down locking out the rear shock. Cause otherwise the cat wheelies pretty good. Thats all you need to take from it. Not the other 2 sleds in it.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Video.

The video shows just how much it keeps ski lift down locking out the rear shock. Cause otherwise the cat wheelies pretty good. Thats all you need to take from it. Not the other 2 sleds in it.

Exactly.
What they should do is make a video with the same 2 sleds. One with the locked out shock locked and the other with it unlocked. That'll show the difference the locked shock makes.

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

Yep. Anyone that can't read the video as a bit of a joke from cat is really clueless. Obviously the Doo and Poo probably could have went without getting stuck. This was cat engineers out having fun and someone took the video as a joke. Definitely would love the locked out shock up against same sled without and see that video.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Yep. Anyone that can't read the video as a bit of a joke from cat is really clueless. Obviously the Doo and Poo probably could have went without getting stuck. This was cat engineers out having fun and someone took the video as a joke. Definitely would love the locked out shock up against same sled without and see that video.
the cat engineers actually ride?.....................huh who knew
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
face-icon-small-happy.gif

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Exactly.
What they should do is make a video with the same 2 sleds. One with the locked out shock locked and the other with it unlocked. That'll show the difference the locked shock makes.

Nah that would actually just show how little difference it makes. :face-icon-small-ton

Anyone with compression clicker shocks can do the same test. This forum is full of posts with people talking about too stiff of a rear suspension causes trenching. Now it's a 'feature'.

Like all the mountainbikers keep saying it's funny to watch 15 year old mountain bike shock ideas make it to sleds.

I actually think I'd use it because I use my sled for skiing (riding two up). But for 'normal' riding I really don't want to be stopping, flipping a switch in a snow caked skid just because I come to a steep hill. I'd much rather have a normal adjustment knob and just find a good setting for the day.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
from my dealer for anyone else that is curious.

"We just learned Sno Pro and Mountain Cat machines will have all the new lightweight parts with the exception electric start models will not have the lightweight tank. The SE model will not have the light tank in any models."

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Has anyone confirmed if the early release sno pro has the light weight stuff on it?

Premium Features