• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pricing for 2018

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Right now and for the snowcheck you're probably going to be paying full retail. I'm demoing one on Saturday and thats pretty much what the dealer told me. Wait until around Jan. of next year and save a few thousand. Just depends on how much you're willing to spend to have the latest and greatest.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I figured as much. I am listing my snowbike this weekend and if it sells I will be buying right away, if not, I will buy next winter. I'm torn between the new Cat and an Axys. I'm a cat guy historically but really like how the Axys works. I can also get an Axys for under 10k right now.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I think that the early release at full retail will still be a good deal compared to the 2018 in season release. If you look at the 2017 Mountain Cat pricing compared to the 2018 early release you will see what I mean.

The snowcheck models will have some items that the early release will not have and the Mountain Cat will have a couple specialty items to itself as well.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Cat announenced yesterday they will be releasing some "early build" mountain cats. They say they will cost more than the "early release" grey sled and will available in black or green. Will have some "cool features" not on the ER sled. Start shipping feb 24.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 mountain cat

Cat announenced yesterday they will be releasing some "early build" mountain cats. They say they will cost more than the "early release" grey sled and will available in black or green. Will have some "cool features" not on the ER sled. Start shipping feb 24.

Was there any info given about the 2018 mountain cats?

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I think that the early release at full retail will still be a good deal compared to the 2018 in season release. If you look at the 2017 Mountain Cat pricing compared to the 2018 early release you will see what I mean.

The snowcheck models will have some items that the early release will not have and the Mountain Cat will have a couple specialty items to itself as well.

Interesting! So many choices.

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I heard from a dealer that they were going to be $1000 dollars canadian Cheaper than 17' because of the new motor being built in house compared to buying them from Suzuki or however that worked. Now how much truth there is to that I have no idea just thought I would share.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca

Where did you hear this, I was just scouring the interwebs and didn't see anything.. seeing the color options would be cool!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I spent some serious time also and couldn't find anything more than what has been said about the snopro early release.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I figured as much. I am listing my snowbike this weekend and if it sells I will be buying right away, if not, I will buy next winter. I'm torn between the new Cat and an Axys. I'm a cat guy historically but really like how the Axys works. I can also get an Axys for under 10k right now.
IMO your behind the curve with the poo.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I hear ya. Always loved my cats for the durability but really like riding my buddies Axys. Never thought I would even consider a poo.

They seem to have the motor figured out and I honestly don't ride all that hard.

My bike isn't blowing up the internet so who knows. I have in my ad I would trade for a 16 or newer axys or proclimb

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Talked to my dealer yesterday and saw the new Cat on his way through town. He did say they were going to be getting some sleds at the beginning of March that would probably be Mountain Cats and were supposed to have all the upgrades that the in season 18's will have. They are going to have some premium pricing so if you want one you're going to pay for it$$$$$ Most definitely puts me in the market for one in the 19 holdover market...

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Talked to my dealer yesterday and saw the new Cat on his way through town. He did say they were going to be getting some sleds at the beginning of March that would probably be Mountain Cats and were supposed to have all the upgrades that the in season 18's will have. They are going to have some premium pricing so if you want one you're going to pay for it$$$$$ Most definitely puts me in the market for one in the 19 holdover market...

fall production units always have updates the early build stuff doesn't, Ill get a fall production MC

Premium Features