• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Team Idler Clutch

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Have you guys read up on this yet?? There is an idler bearing that rides on the post of the primary allowing the belt to be tight at idle. Once the RPM's rise and the sheaves move inwards they grab the belt and go. NO belt deflection adjustment on the Secondary. I thought this was a pretty innovative idea.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Damn I did NOT know that! I have not had a 17 primary off so I would be curious to see this exact setup. This is the exact same primary though? I was just watching a video of Andy Beavis from AC going through the new Ascender M8000 and he referred to it as the "New Team Idler Clutch".

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Damn I did NOT know that! I have not had a 17 primary off so I would be curious to see this exact setup. This is the exact same primary though? I was just watching a video of Andy Beavis from AC going through the new Ascender M8000 and he referred to it as the "New Team Idler Clutch".

Where could I find this video? Can you post the link plz! Thank you

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
Polaris has used tis on the RZR's for years... High maintnece P.O.S. blow a belt & it ends up seizing the bearing.

Time will tell, but I dont see it being a good idea on MTn Sled clutches.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Polaris has used tis on the RZR's for years... High maintnece P.O.S. blow a belt & it ends up seizing the bearing.

Time will tell, but I dont see it being a good idea on MTn Sled clutches.

It is interesting to hear they have been using them in the 4-stroke world for awhile not but not the 2-stroke market. Crazy to think that you cannot adjust belt deflection, which has always been a "setup" issue I feel people fight sometime. In theory, it should eliminate human error on setup and ensure more consistent belt tension.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i think it a good idea but should still have deflection adjustment to compensate for belt wear.
kinda a turn off for me until it is proven. the moveable sheave riding in on a bearing, it better be one hell of a bearing.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
i think it a good idea but should still have deflection adjustment to compensate for belt wear.
kinda a turn off for me until it is proven. the moveable sheave riding in on a bearing, it better be one hell of a bearing.

For sure. I would like to see a picture of this setup. Has the diameter of the clutch post decreased to allow for a bearing to be pressed on? Or has the diameter of the hole on the outer clutch sheave been increased?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I rode a King Cat for a day. What I didn't like is when going through tight trees and 5mph or less the belt would squeal and get warm. You could smell belt. I don't know if they all do that or not. Anything above 5mph was good.

Premium Features