• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 xp suspension upgrade

V
Jan 13, 2008
Any suggestions on a suspension upgrade for my 08 154 xp x model, it tends to trench a lot, would like to see if I can get it to get it on top of the snow better. Any suggestions would be great. I'm trying to get another year out of the 08, it has a new ski doo short block in it that runs great, clutching is good just trench's more then I would like. Thanks

S
Oct 12, 2014
Mazama, WA
Center Shock extension

I purchased a longer center shock (from a 2011 summit) and used the brackets sold by xtremeairvents. It helps A LOT with trenching and general maneuverability. Definitely recommend it, best bang for you buck in terms of suspension.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
If it is an X model, get all 4 shocks rebuilt.

The 2010-> center shock upgrade is an excellent recommendation.

a SledHead Racing T-3 rear suspension relocate kit greatly improves handling and helps the sled to climb up on the snow better.

the t-motion is more than just forsidehilling. the geometry is improved as well

a better tack.

I run a Pro RMK tack on my '09. It is a better powder track and also weighs 4-6lbs less depending on length.

20160828_163213.jpg

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Improvements

Agree with all the above.
Post Forward mod helps body position.
Flex Edge non ported track makes a difference as well.
Upgrade the clutching calibration also makes a positive change.
Now come the hard part: Moderate the throttle input to better match your ground speed. Your track may just be spinning to much in the situations where you are trenching and full throttle is not adding to your ground speed.

Premium Features