• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Box Mod results in

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Hey DPG you remember saying this? " Nos Pro is from Wisconsin drag racing his Viper I highly dought he needs your air box."

Terry called me from the track tonight and the air box mod brought him from 11.67 to 11.38. But no worries I don't expect an apology from you. In fact its not even fun proving you wrong anymore.

So...I think I will just ignore you as I know better than to feed the trolls. Buh bye.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Woohooo! 11.38 @ 107.87mph sound like a "600 class sled" to you?

Best part is the mods to get it this fast cost less than $300.00 bucks (can, clutch, and air box mod)

attachment.php

terry.jpg

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Inquiring minds like to know. I dont have a dog in the fight, but it would be cool to see the difference in reaction time, 60 ft. Times, top end speed, things like that. Would be a tell tale of where the mod is making the most difference in the rev range.

Not bashing, belittleing or anything like that, i think mods like this that can be DIY a cool as $hit.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Why?? You don't own a Viper. For those that own Vipers and do want to know its all posted on totallyyamaha where trolls are banned. I am no longer posting troll food here.

Another TROLL on ignore.

Because time of day, density altitude, 60 ft, 330ft, 660ft, 1000ft, and MPH tell the story....but a smart ASSfault burner like you should know that.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Hey DPG you remember saying this? " Nos Pro is from Wisconsin drag racing his Viper I highly dought he needs your air box."

Terry called me from the track tonight and the air box mod brought him from 11.67 to 11.38. But no worries I don't expect an apology from you. In fact its not even fun proving you wrong anymore.

So...I think I will just ignore you as I know better than to feed the trolls. Buh bye.

So you call a guy out and he, or we, are the trolls? Interesting perspective....

Not sure why a guy with a screen name like DPG really cares how fast a sled runs on asphalt... Pretty sure I don't care either.

Hopefully it was your mod and not just better track conditions, that would be cool. Maybe more than one night at the track or back to back comparisons before touting it as a fix.

What I want is for you to bring your Yammi down here and show me how it goes through the snow. We can't find anybody around here that was willing to buy one.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if you don't care then why are you in here??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Actually some of the other forums are much more aggressive in shutting down TROLLS that don't contribute in any meaningful positive way to the discussion.
Especially when the active contributing members are all in agreement on who the Trolls are.

But it's still Summer, and trolling is far more tolerated this time of year..

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
So you call a guy out and he, or we, are the trolls? Interesting perspective....

Not sure why a guy with a screen name like DPG really cares how fast a sled runs on asphalt... Pretty sure I don't care either.

Hopefully it was your mod and not just better track conditions, that would be cool. Maybe more than one night at the track or back to back comparisons before touting it as a fix.

What I want is for you to bring your Yammi down here and show me how it goes through the snow. We can't find anybody around here that was willing to buy one.

Will be at Grand Mesa on thanksgiving and should have the turbo on by then. Be happy to show it to you and I mean that in a friendly way, be glad to demo.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Inquiring minds like to know. I dont have a dog in the fight, but it would be cool to see the difference in reaction time, 60 ft. Times, top end speed, things like that. Would be a tell tale of where the mod is making the most difference in the rev range.

Not bashing, belittleing or anything like that, i think mods like this that can be DIY a cool as $hit.

Same day run with stock air box at 11.67 if I remember right, 11.38 with air box mod and clutch setup. Details over on that Yamaha site, time slips may be posted over there by now.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Actually some of the other forums are much more aggressive in shutting down TROLLS that don't contribute in any meaningful positive way to the discussion.
Especially when the active contributing members are all in agreement on who the Trolls are.

But it's still Summer, and trolling is far more tolerated this time of year..

Who's the real troll here? I think its the op calling out a member myself.

This being the only forum I PAY for I would hope the censorship will be kept to a minimum.

Oh I better contribute... A gain on a asphalt track is one thing but how will it work when there is 2' of snow piled on the hood with zero air flow and the under hoop temps are extreme? This is snoWEST after all.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
TROLL

Posting a ridiculously slow 2014 Viper vid on the asphalt is trolling.....

Posting the notion that the Airbox adds HP to the Viper is trolling.....

Posting this thread calling me out is trolling.....

Unless your a newbie or spent life in a cave or both....I will say this one more time the Yammi has always been a runner on the asphalt since birth....In other words nothing new. ...The 2014 Viper vid most of you witnessed is embarrassingly slow probably due to the air box mod.

Go to Youtube type in Dave Thoman 2006 Apex Asphalt Drag Racing if you want to see what a yammi should run like on the asphalt...No air box mod.

Who gives a crap about flat lander asphalt result. It ain't going to happen in the steep & deep unless you have some boost.

DPG

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features