• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800R Turbo Build??

R
Mar 22, 2014
Hello all! My first post on here...I am throwing around the idea of boosting my sled...I've been doing my homework and reading up on a lot of stuff but I was just looking for some guidance before I pull the trigger...BTW this is going to be a build my own turbo kit...I don't have the money to drop into a "kit" and I personally get more satisfaction out of building my own than buying one...the only thing I'm stuck on really is the turbo size...I'm at roughly 1500ft and only get out to the mountains maybe once or twice a year...looking for good advice to kick this thing off with as few hiccups as I can help...pretty fresh to the turbo scene...Thanks a lot!

R
Mar 22, 2014
being that its my first turbo set up, id rather not stick 3-4000 into it and burn down a turbo...I kinda want to do it as least expensive as I can until I get comfortable with setting everything up and running it before I stick a 1500 dollar turbo in it...I was looking at either a used garrett or a new automotive turbo for now then upgrading the whole system in a few seasons...like I said I could go buy a kit or have someone install one for me but I like to learn and experiment with stuff like this...the turbo is prolly gonna be the biggest expense in the whole setup I think...idk Ill start with the turbo and go from there...

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Weather your new to turbos or a veteran I would not install a turbo that way. Turbos are expensive to build correctly and expensive to operate. Your better off buying a reliable kit 3K to 4K knowing that you have components that work rather than saving a few buck only to later be spending a lot more $$.

FYI you can buy a new Garrett for $900 to $1000

DPG

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Id run the Garrett 2876 or 2871 or 3071 internally gated
use the .86 exhaust side unless your over 8000' then put on the .64
good luck!
I have a bunch of turbo skidoo parts for sale if you want them pm me

Premium Features