• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone want to know the rtr weight of a 163 pro?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Two guys I know did that. A 2012 Pro RMK 163 and a 2013 Cat Pro Climb 163. Fuel and oil full. Rode 3 miles in low snow and weighed them. I can't remember the weights, but the Pro was heavier. We were all surprised.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Your buddy with the PC must of forgot to fully compress the rear suspension to get the last 7 gallons of fuel in to top it off.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Ha! Both tanks were full. I'm not sticking up for the Cat. I just don't believe every spec in the brochures.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I usually dont get involved in the weight debacle but I have to comment on this, THERE IS NO WAY THE PRO WAS HEAVIER THAN TH PRO CLIMB EVEN IF IT HELD MORE SNOW IN THE SKID YADA YADA YADA. That would roughly be 80 pounds more snow that it would have to hold, do the math. Thats about 12 or 13 gallons of water, I dont think so. By the way it takes alot of snow to make that much water.:face-icon-small-con

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Honestly man, it's a nice offer, but it's a can of worms you don't want to open....

Unless, of course, you fancy a couple months of people asking what tools were in it, how much shock oil was in it, what brand of scale you used, what barometric pressure your shop usually sees, if there was any dew on the seat, the average cost of an hour's parking in your town, so forth.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I usually dont get involved in the weight debacle but I have to comment on this, THERE IS NO WAY THE PRO WAS HEAVIER THAN TH PRO CLIMB EVEN IF IT HELD MORE SNOW IN THE SKID YADA YADA YADA. That would roughly be 80 pounds more snow that it would have to hold, do the math. Thats about 12 or 13 gallons of water, I dont think so. By the way it takes alot of snow to make that much water.:face-icon-small-con

It was a 12 pro against a 13 cat it could be close a 13 pro rmk should be lighter and maybe it was a standard rmk too and the cat may have been lightened up who knows but makes it fun to watch:argue:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Do it. Tank the fuel and oil. The Pro is easy to fill to the top, you don't need to burp it at all. Should be right near 520lbs. Your will probably get abused anyway but it would be great to base line your sled so you can see what any mods do to the weight over the season.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Yep, this will turn into a pissing match. The argument will start on comparing two sleds with different size tanks and some will argue that RTR is full everything. Then you have the AC guys who claim more snow sticks to the Pro. What a bunch of crap. If you sled weighs more just deal with it.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
funny thing about snow build up, mannn my rear rack with a bag and fuel can built up with tons of snow on my iq. also my stuff got soaked on it. Ran a powder keg one year and didnt like the look of it, but im running it on my 14 pro cause it the snow just flows by it and its water proof.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Two guys I know did that. A 2012 Pro RMK 163 and a 2013 Cat Pro Climb 163. Fuel and oil full. Rode 3 miles in low snow and weighed them. I can't remember the weights, but the Pro was heavier. We were all surprised.

Ya we did the same, really were not interested in riding. So we brought all the necessary equipment out on the trail to weigh our sleds. It was a great day of **** measuring, not sure why we did it. I guess so we can tell our friend's and they can post it on Snowest that the Pro RMK was heavier after riding 3 miles with the scratchers down on a groomed trail......them the facts boy's. **** I need a beer or snow.....

Ha! Both tanks were full. I'm not sticking up for the Cat. I just don't believe every spec in the brochures.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Premium Features